Best TV show ever poll

…since from after 7 years of reading this forum, these are apparently the only shows that exist.

You left out Dexter, The Sopranos and Deadwood. I also suspect there are a few Trek fans around. You got Buffy, though.

You left out . . . and . . . and . . . and . . . and . . . and . . . and . . . and . . . and . . . and . . . and . . . .

The Office and Arrested Development don’t belong on the list.

Dude, you left off Gilligan’s Island!

Neither do Buffy or Firefly…

No, the only show I left off was Lost.

“The Sopranos” wasn’t listed so I chose “Buffy.”

You also missed all those threads on The Wire and The Shield.

Worst poll ever!

I voted for AD, but Buffy could certainly be a good choice, and Homicide: Life on the Street was better than any of them.

Best TV Show ever?

MAS*H

Yeah, they’re pretty much interchangeable. I know I can’t tell them apart. :dubious:

You left out Frasier, Corner Gas, and Mythbusters (in ascending order of greatness) though.

Barney Miller.

WKRP in Cincinnati isn’t there. Or Cheers. Or Night Court.

The Wire, by far.

My Mother the Car, duh.

Buffy’s the best one on there, I guess. I’ve actually seen only that one episode where they try to sing but can’t.

Not to say that those are bad shows, but that’s a pretty pitiable listing for “best ever”.

This.

Of those, I would rank Arrested Development number one, and the first three seasons of Office as number 2. I’ve never been able to sit through a whole episode of Buffy or Firefly. I’m sure they’re wonderful series, but neither appeal to me. For my money, AD has the tightest and cleverest writing (not just the dialogue, but sight gags, too) of any television sitcom I’ve ever seen.