Best/Worst Things to Hurl

Hmmm… now that this fine thread has been resurrected…

After my experience this weekend, I’ll have to concur with bile being among the nastiest - I hurled about 10 times from a migraine, and about 8 of them were dry heaves.

Thank god for Dilaudid.

Two years ago I landed in the 2 percent of people that even though are vacinated against whooping cough, get it anyways. for those of you that have never had the pleasure, you cough untill you puke. Anything i ate or drank agitated my cough, and therefor promptly came up. I lost quite a bit of weight in the 3 months it lasted. But from my wide experiences

Worst: Ministroni soup, still can’t eat it.
Slightly better but sill… sushi, cesar salad, pesto, ravioli, ginger ale

Best:strawberry milkshakes and rasberry smoothies

nevertheless, would never repeat the situtation.

best: eggs
worst: doritos via the nose…OUCH ( I did this once laughing too)

dead0man

Indeed. I spent many a night spewing Spaghettios all over the hallway when I was 7 or 8. Only thing that really tasted good coming back up.

My worst would probably have to be instant ramen soup. Whole noodles came up tasting like bile and smelling like rotten peanut butter (if that’s even possible). Absolutely disgusting.

I second mashed potatoes as quite pleasent. Mmm boston market…

I don’t really have a worst, I hate puking at all.

Worst: A full 750ml. of Southern Comfort accompanied by the hot dogs it was used to wash down. Man, that was nasty…made me wanna puke…

And then, of course, there’s simply…NOTHING! Not a goddamned thing…just a dry, desperate wrenching like you’re giving birth to a monster. A gasping, terrified plea for release answered by a sad, impotent strand of frothy spittle. Oh, if only it were bile! Bile is the wage of our sin…to produce bile is to be forgiven…

To vomit air is to be damned…

Worst - plain potato chips. I ate a large bag once, when I was a kid, and puked it all up later that night. The joys of childhood, I suppose. I haven’t brought up anything since, nor have I eaten plain potato chips.

Best - err, I don’t know. Ice cream? If it feels good going down, it should feel good coming back up, right?

Worst - I don’t know if it follows under “Chinese Food,” but rice. Because you don’t really chew it or break it down, so it all comes up whole, and it just feels like you’re pulling one of those beaded seat covers out of your throat. Gumbo heavily laden with rice is where I’m getting my experience from.

Ewww…

My worst vomit was one of those ‘surprise’ vomits that happen when you’re bushing your teeth. (In case I’m the only one this happens to, it’s when you’re merrily brushing your teeth and then -BLEH- toothbrush went too far back, or something.)
I had eaten a cheese omlette about 3 hours earlier, and man oh man was that disgusting.

The second worst vomit I had was once after eating a Big Mac and fries. I hadn’t had enough liquid with that meal, and it came up in big, choking ropes.

The best thing I ever threw up was some blueberry yogurt when I was about 8 years old. All over the white kitchen floor. Pretty. :slight_smile:

And since this is a vomit thread, I’ll throw in one of my favorite vomit stories…

When I was a kid, my mom took me and my cousins out for breakfast one day. My cousin George ordered a big plate of eggs and hashbrowns. He wolfed down the eggs, and promptly threw them right back up on to his plate.
They looked exactly the same.

Rose

Like Astro I thought at first that this was going to be about throwing things, but…

I’ll second water as being the “best” and bile the worst.

The second worse, however, gets my nomination not because of pain, but because of looks. Hawaiian Fruit Punch. It looks like blood when it comes back up :frowning:

“Best”? You’re kidding, right? How about “Least Vile” or something? I mean yeah, that’s what was meant, but “best” just doesn’t cut it. And I guess water would have to be the least vile thing.

I once slammed back many screwdrivers with my best friend; the next morning, I sauntered over to her dorm room to see that she was still among the living. I opened the door quietly & said, “Good morning, sunshine…”, only to see her go, “Oh, Kris…” & barf some OJ & water into the garbage can next to her bed.

I had a similar (Worst) experience almost a year ago; I’d drank maybe three drinks & two shots (on an empty stomach) when my friend said, “C’mon, one last drink”. At that point, one more drink didn’t seem like much, so I said yeah, one last drink. I didn’t know what I wanted, so he said he’d get me something.

He came back with a drink that was blue. I mean BLUE. I inquired as to what the hell it was - he said that he didn’t know; he just asked the bartender to mix him up “something blue”. Yep.

And I, being a drunk moron, downed it. After all, I’d never endured an alcohol-induced puke, nor a hangover. I learned at 5 that morning that there’s indeed a first time for everything - it was blue coming back up, too. Suffice to say, the bedclothes needed stripping. Luckily, the blue came out.

Best: Anything that doesn’t burn/get stuck in my nose/take forever to come out.
Also - vomiting after drinking red slurpees are fun, bright neon-coloured vomit! Wheee!

Worst: Alcohol - you know that feeling where you just puke and puke and puke and there’s no freaking end…that’s what happens when I drink alcohol.
And - One time I ate some bread rolls with lots of butter on them…my puke came back up all oily and gross smelling and left a vomit-tasting oil slick on the roof of my mouth…eeewww.

Admittedly, I would kinda like to hurl in public after eating one thing… Menudo is made from cow intestines. Can you imagine telling someone you’re about to puke your guts up, convulsing and then blowing a load of intestines on the floor in front of somebody?