Biden's damage to foreign affairs

During Biden’s campaign, he promised to reverse Trump’s handling of foreign affairs on several points. What it all boiled down to was that Trump had a “go it alone” mentality; he basically told our allies, “my way or the highway.” Biden said he would return to the former state of consulting with our allies, listening to Europe, etc.

And then came along the ignominious, shambolic exit from Afghanistan. Apparently, Biden has a highly selective definition of what it means to be an ally.

Just days after taking office, President Biden made a solemn declaration: “America is back. Diplomacy is back at the center of our foreign policy,” and “we will repair our alliances and engage with the world once again.” More than seven months into his administration, the results are in: No U.S. president has done more damage to our alliances, or America’s standing in the world, in so short a time, as Biden has with his Afghanistan debacle.

I can’t access that site. Who wrote that opinion piece that apparently told you what you want to hear?

Oh, did our allies want to stay in Afghanistan?

Marc A. Thiessen!

And for those unfamiliar,

Marc Alexander Thiessen (born January 13, 1967) is an American conservative author, political appointee, and weekly columnist for The Washington Post . Thiessen served as a speechwriter for United States President George W. Bush from 2004 to 2009 and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld from 2001 to 2006.
{…}
In 2010, he published the book Courting Disaster: How the C.I.A. Kept America Safe and How Barack Obama Is Inviting the Next Attack , which defended the use of torture during the George W. Bush administration, and claimed that the Obama administration’s rejection of torture might lead to American deaths.

Look, Biden did badly, but he’s still light-years better than Trump in this department.

Thank you.

And? Way to attack the source rather than his argument. Assuming you can.

Oh no!! An opinion piece!! Thats what almost all political reporting is to one degree or another. If you have a problem with his arguments attack them.

What were the first five words in my first post in this thread?

Did you forget the second sentence that you wrote? Were you so dismissive when a Liberal columnist wrote a critical piece about a Republican President?
Part of the problem in America today is that so many people only listen to voices from their side and ignore criticism of it. A critical press is vital no matter who is in power because mistakes in government hurt us all.

Was I as dismissing when an unknown Liberal columnist wrote a critical piece about an unnamed Republican President at some unknown time in the past?
Who the fuck knows?

Are you addressing this to me, or the OP?

Anyone who reads these boards knows and in your defense you are far from alone. My side good other side evil is the theme on these boards.

To you. You were critical of an opinion piece that you hadnt read because you suspected that the author of it was a conservative. Like that would invalidate his arguments.

As I have already said, I cannot access that opinion piece. Why don’t you tell me what parts of it you agree with, and I will try to give a proper response?

I cant access it at the moment either. Let me see if there is another way to read this piece.

We can access it by signing up for a free account. No CC needed to sign up.

This part.

Ah, our allies wanted us to break the deal that Trump and Pompeo made with the Taliban. And their backup plan was…?

They wanted Biden to delay the pullout until our allies could evacuate all their people. Not only wouldnt Biden agree but he went incommunicado. This is incompetence on a Trumpian level.