Bigfoot body found?

Man, come back when they’ve captured Tinkerbell and the pixie chicks.

Somebody said it best in another thread: Bigfoot is small potatoes compared to the existence of fairies (or ghosts, or space aliens, etc.).

What an uncritical eye!
Those guts are phalanges.

There’s already rumours of somebody buying the ‘corpse’ for [Dr Evil]TEN MILLION DOLLARS!![/Dr Evil], so it seems like that mysterious buyer might just make off with it… Though my guess at this point is that it isn’t even a hoax, merely a practical joke that they can’t back out off now – those things have kind of a history in Georgia, it appears.

My girlfriend is never going to let me live this down…

Personally, I think the tongue is trying too hard. But I’ll gladly withold judgement until all the evidence is in.

The timing seems suspicious after the discovery of the Montauk whatever-it-was.

If they are not scientists, how do they know this is a new species? :smack:

If they were genuine :rolleyes: , they could make an agreement with a recognised researcher to share the credit.

If they really thought the Government were going to kidnap their body, they would be delighted. More publicity for their Bigfoot business.

Remember that a scam only works if there’s no evidence (see Roswell etc).

Slaps Fish with a wet John Cleese. :smiley:

Last time I checked, most people could tell the difference between a gorilla and and a bipedal, 8 foot tall, ape-man thingy. If we knew about THOSE I imagine we’d have one in a zoo somewhere.

Well, duh… Who else is likely to find a bigfoot but someone looking for it? :rolleyes:

You forgot 8. Claim that “scientists” are baffled, but tests (the inconclusive ones, that is) showed that the body was “unknown to science!” before it vanished, the government is covering up the evidence to avoid panic, and the scientific “establishment” is suppressing all favorable reports.

Oh I think that’s a certainty, if by ‘mysterious buyer’ you mean ‘mysterious space aliens.’

It just looks like one of those hokey old gorilla suits. Did they check for a zipper?

If this turns out to be a hoax (as if there were any doubt), then things could get ugly for the people involved.

Here is the ajc story.

We were just talking about this over here and I pointed out that this is the biggest scientific news since cold fusion.

This is one of those things I just don’t understand about journalism—factual news stories about obviously fraudulent stuff. The news report that a couple of guys said that they had actually found a bigfoot corpse is entirely factual—but did the writer really believe they had found one?

Similar to that story several years ago about the guy in India who didn’t need to eat—he received all his “energy” from the sun, or some such nonsense. Yep, it was completely true that that’s what he said, but it was so ludicrously impossibly that it should have never been a news story.

I have no idea what the burden of proof is for libel in this country, or if the danger of publicly calling someone a liar even enters into the ajc’s decision not to call BS.

Stuff like this makes me want to curse my parents for condemning me to a life of poverty by teaching me right from wrong. Meanwhile there are guys out there making good money by taking people on Bigfoot expeditions.

If I ever embrace the darkness totally, I now have a sure-fire moneymaking venture: a Jesus safari. Legend has it that Jesus has been sighted frequently along the Hillsborough river just outside Tampa. Many Christonomers theorize that this may be the last natural refuge for this Messianic creature. Fortunately, you now have the opportunity to witness the Son of Man in his glory, by taking a scenic kayak tour with Canoe Testament Ltd. We cannot legally guarantee that you will encounter the Prince of Peace; but off the record, your chances are really really good. Plus, pet our baby alligators!

Tell me. . .why do people involved with Bigfoot, UFOs, etc all own/use pieceofshit cameras? Or do they own stateoftheart cameras that have a “blurry” setting?

Exactly. In this day and age, when you’re taking photos of some strange creature/event, there is no excuse not to use a camera capable of at least 12 MP or High-Def video. Then please use a host site that can aptly store the file so when I download the pic or video it isn’t the size of a postage stamp. Thankyou.
Also, wipe the muck off your lens first.

My favorite headline so far (unfortunately I’ve lost the link):

Bigfoot body found. Internet goes nuts.

[Man walks into camera department.]

“I’d like to see a digital camera.”

"Certainly, Sir. Here’s a very good model. It has 10 Megapixels, stores an image in .1 secs, has a high-intensity flash, a macro setting, holds 1000 hi-res images, and they can be sent by satellite with the built-in transmitter at 10Mb/sec with no data loss. It has lossless compression, an optical stabilizer and a rapid auto-focus that works underwater or in outer space. It’s the very latest in digital technology and you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the quality. It’s almost impossible to take a bad picture. And it’s only $100!

By the way, what do you plan to do with the camera?"

“I’m going to hunt for Bigfoot.”

“I see… Well, then, Sir, perhaps you’d be more interested in our $500 model. It has 10 pixels of resolution, takes 15 minutes to store one image, no flash, only works in bright sunlight, and it’s a fixed focus. Images are stored as high-loss JPG with extra artifacts, and the only way you can transfer images to your computer is by scanning the viewscreen with another camera. Except it doesn’t have a viewscreen, so lotsa luck. The shutter speed is so low you are sure to get motion blur even if everything is standing stock still. It has a smear filter, a contrast-removing filter and a bad day filter. You can edit in-camera to insert fuzzy blobs or Loch Ness monsters. It’s almost impossible to take a good, clear image with it no matter how hard you try.”

“Great – I’ll take two.”