Bimodal customer product-review distributions

In addition to the factors already mentioned, I think we can safely assume a few people misunderstand the rating system. They loved the product they bought, so they rated it number one. It’s the products that disappointed them that get the fifth place rating.

It’s not that severe of a “you must” – but, IIRC, if you want to give a rating that’s not “5”, you have to give details as to why you’re giving the rating in order to submit the rating; you can’t just hit “4” and “enter,” and be done with it.

Probably using Net Promoter Score or some variation thereof. Basically it says that anything less than a 9 is bad, because it means you aren’t likely to recommend their service to anyone else.

This seems to be true across any star rating systems. You have your 5 stars, your 4 stars because nothing is perfect, and your 1 star dissatiscation. And four start has been programmed out of us due to many situation where anything less that 5 stars will cause problems. In Uber, I understand that a 4 star average can get you booted from the program. On eBay, anything less than 5 stars dings the seller.

I noticed the Google ratings for Sam’s Club are all either 5 star or 1 star. I figured the 5 star ratings were from the managers and the 1 star ratings were from the actual customers.

Never heard of it but I looked it up. 425 reviews and also bimodal.

People give one star because sometimes, the app doesn’t actually warn you about tornadoes.

They wanted to know if you were happy with how the care was blessed?