Birth control pills

I’ve been on the pill for about 15 years. When I began, I started my pills on Sunday, and my periods ran like clockwork from Monday to about Thursday. But over the years, they began cycling forward in the week, so I started adjusting the schedule. Now I have to start the pills on Thursday to keep my weekends period-free (like it makes a difference in my current life schedule, but it’s just habit, I guess).

I have done the skip-a-period thing exactly twice, both this year: Once when we were driving to Colorado during that week, and last month when I realized that I had miscounted the weeks when scheduling my yearly gyn exam, and it was easier to change my cycle than to change the appointment. Both times I found that the subsequent period was worse (more flow, more cramps, generally ickier-feeling). I feel like absolute crap today.

I’m a Tuesday starter (because Tuesday was Buffy night, and I’d therefore remember to start the new pack/switch to a new row). I get my period around 11pm Friday night–well, I did until I switched to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo from Ortho-Cyclen. The past two cycles with this new pill, I’ve gotten my period Saturday around 7pm.

Yes, it really is that specific with me. I can get it down to the hour. Kinda convenient, actually.

There’s only one way to find out whether I can pull off skipping periods, and that’s to try. If I can, I think I’ll find a way to afford it. What a beautiful idea.

let us know how it works!

Okay, but it’ll be a couple of months before I know, if I can even remember I’d talked about it here. :slight_smile: