Blackberry Question -- Weird Icon on Locked Screen

I have a Blackberry 7250, and about a week ago I noticed that when my screen is in locked mode I have a small icon in the upper left hand side of the screen, right next to the date and time. The icon looks like a notepad with a checkmark on it, and the number 1 beside it. I imagine that the 1 indicates I have one “something” that requires my attention, but I can’t figure out what it is. The Blackberry website doesn’t provide much help on this. Google has led me to a discussion group where someone asked the same question – however, his/her question went unanswered.

Just in case it isn’t clear, I am NOT talking about the little mail icon that appears when I have unread messages. This is not that – it’s something different and, for whatever reason, it disappears when I unlock my screen.

Other than this, my Blackberry appears to be in proper working order, so this is more of an annoyance than a real problem.

Has anyone seen this before? What does it mean? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

This Link should garner you a pdf of the getting started guide for your device. Check the bottom right of page 3 for a list of the icons and what they mean.

I actually did see that – unfortunately, while it shows a number of icons, it doesn’t show the icon in question. Thanks anyway.