Blender's Worst Song List - Are you kidding me??

Oh, pleeeze! The list was compiled by some Generation X and/or Y nothings with no taste in music. Come to think of it, since Generations X & Y have no musical tastes anyways …

:smiley:

[QUOTE=dwc1970]

[li]“Walk Like A Man” (The Four Tops?) God, that falsetto singing drives me batshit every time I hear it![/li][/QUOTE]

Nope, the Four Seasons. As a comedian (Gallagher, I believe) put it: “Frankie Valli sings Walk Like A Man, but sings it like a woman!”

The top song on the list reminds me of a David Letterman quip: “Even if you could build a city on rock ‘n’ roll, you’d still have to use Mob concrete.”

Art Vandelay: I’ve Never Been to Me was performed by not only a one-hit wonder, but a one-named wonder billed as Charlene.

Ever since maxim put the Crash Test Dummies as one of the worst bands of all time we’ve been on the outs. I love the dummies.

Maxim’s lists are ridiculous. Hell on their worst movies of all time list, The English Patient is the 7th worst movie and Battlefield Earth is only number 38. What does this mean? According to maxim, Battlefield Earth is a better movie than The English Patient! I mean I’m not The Enlish Patient’s biggest fan but jeez.

Say what you will about “We Built This City” but “Jane” fucking rocked.

I can’t believe that despite the fact that “the jury also whittled down the bulk of rotten, excruciatingly bad low-hanging fruit from the '70s”, only one song from that decade made the top 50.
Man, that decade was nothing but one long bad song (for the most part).

Forget that… Batman and Robin is the worst film ever? Haven’t they ever seen Manos?

I’m indifferent to We Built This City, but I firmly believe that Billy Ray Cyrus will rot in Hell for all eternity for inflicting that most terrible of songs, Achy Breaky Heart, on us. The fact that it is only listed as #2 proves this list is flawed.

Where are all the songs by Destiny’s Child, including that glurgy crap by Kelly Rowland?
She coulda been a movie star
Never got the chance to go that far
Her life was stole
Now we’ll never know

Bad 80’s music has to include this
Gotta write a classic
Gotta write it in an attic
Baby I’m an addict
An addict for your love

Blah!

Madonna made it for the wrong song. It’s not American Life, it’s her version of American Pie that belongs on this list.

Yeah, I totally forgot about that one. Good call. Plus from what I hear, The Brown Bunny should’ve been in the running as well.