"Bob & Tom" mainstay Tim Wilson has died

Story here.

I realize that Tim may not have been a household name, but he was a great comedian, and an all-around nice guy. I first met Tim in the 90’s, when I was trying to start a fledgling stand-up comedy career of my own. I used to hang around the local comedy club every week (they has a 21-and-under night, and I had friends who weren’t old enough to get in any other night), just trying to be a sponge, soaking up as much as I could. I wanted to learn everything about the job. So I studied technique and inflection. And Tim was damn near flawless.

We hung out a few times after shows. We weren’t on a first-name basis, but I still have his autographed CDs around here somewhere, and he will be missed. Greatly.

Sorry to hear it. He was funny.

Aww hell :frowning: I liked him.

Now we’ll never know what the other 61 things were.

RIP Tim.

It’s truly a sad thing and 52 is way too young.

I met him after one of his shows about 5 years ago. A very humble and nice man. And funny as hell. :frowning:

I’ve seen him twice on Bob & Tom Tours, and once in the tiny Comedy Cabana in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Brilliant all three times.

Saddened by this today.

I learned through (Bob and Tom cast member) Chick McGee’s podcast “Off the Air” that he knew more about Ted Bundy than any person around.

It’s available on Itunes (podcast 070)

If it wasn’t for Bob & Tom I never would have heard about him, but I’m glad I did. “I Could be Wrong”, “Jet Pack”, and “Booty Man” are three of my favorites from him, especially “Booty Man”.

I was driving to work, caught the end of the Bob & Tom show where I heard the news. What a sucker punch. He’ll be missed.