Boogey-ing vs. Boogey-Woogey-ing

Having resolved to undertake boogey-ing, is woogey-ing just a natural extension upon nearing the completion of the boogey? Or are there other factors to take into consideration?

I must admit I’ve never really properly boogey-ed before, although I’ve sensed, on at least one occasion, a bit of pre-woogey. Is that normal?

You can Blame it on the Boogie. Or you may get down and boogie oogie oogie.

But to me, when you boogie woogie, you are rockin’ a piano old school: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ApEdXNkHxZw

It’s ‘boogie woogie’, not ‘boogey woogey’. I think the latter has something to do with snot, and the former with a bugle boy.

You can boogie down but I don’t think you can boogie woogie down.

This is boogie-woogie.
This is boogie.

Gotta Boogie

I used to rock and roll all night and party ever-y day. Then it was every other night. Now it seems I find a half hour a week in which to get funky.

Boogie is a verb, boogie-woogie is a type of music. If you dance to house music are you ‘housing’? If you dance to drum ‘n’ bass are you “drum ‘n’ bassing”?

Boogie Woogie makes me think of the Andrews Sisters. Boogie makes me think of Canned Heat.

I have been known to say those very things…as well as “heavy metaling”, “Industrialing”, and “Mozarting”, among otherings. Granted, I’ve never heard anyone else use such terms.

Boogie-woogie on the piano usually involves simple chord repetition with the left hand and melody with the right.

It’s great to dance to (or listen to!)

Or some sort of surfboard.

There was a book called “They Have a Word For It” which claimed boogie woogie came from an African phrase “mbuki mvuki” meaning “get naked to prepare for serious partying.”

Don’t Try to Lay No Boogie Woogie on the King of Rock and Roll.

You should probably start slowly, you don’t want to come down with a bad case of Boogie Fever.

Wonderful link! Dr. John and Jools Holland doing a four-hand boogie. Jools is great with his high right-hand stuff. I linked to Pete Johnson, one of my first generation favorites.

“No, I like to rock n’ roll all night and part of every day. I usually have errands… I can only rock from like 1:00 to 3:00.”

But how about Boojee-Woojee?

Isn’t that what you repeat while telling a dog that they are the cutest, yes, they are!

I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

:smiley: