Yes, another one of THESE threads.
When I was a wee lass, I had a horror book that I’d like to re-read. Here’s what I remember:
- It was a haunted house/monster-type book, but not by any of the usual suspect authors.
- On the cover was an embossed mummy (not a typical mummy- more of a stylised one, with red eyes, with the bandages falling off and spreading across the cover).
- The protagonists were pseudo Boy/Eagle Scouts- one in particular was very into bird watching, and this leads him to the haunted house.
- I believe it was a young adult-type book, but it was (to my mind) REALLY scary for a YA book.
- I would have read it somewhere between 1982 and 1986.
- I keep wanting to say it was named Phantom, or something like that. It was a very simple title.