Boston Area Dopefest, Tuesday April 15, 2008

Well, I believe I was the one who started the whole “I want sushi tooooooo” whine when I missed Autolycus’ birthday. And now it seems that I will be in Maine on business the night of the 15th, so unless you guys want to come and meet me there, my preferences definitely should be dropped off the list.
ETA: Waaaaah. :frowning:

Dammit dammit dammit!

My datebook is at work. I had this Dopefest marked down. Over the weekend I made a date with someone. I really can’t blow her off yet again.

Y’all have a great time.

ETA: Yeah. Wah. :frowning:

Fuck this sushi shit, we don’t need to be all trendy, after all, we’re hosting a guy from New Jersey.

Any complaints about Durgin Park again? It’s traditional, easy to get to, plenty of food options, and nicely seated in historic (although touristy) Faneuil Hall.

Anyways, that’s my vote, Durgin @ 7PM. Tuesday night.

Sounds good to me. It also sounds like it is close to a subway line. Is that correct.

Very.

I can probably make it (although with a 3-year old at home, you can never say for certain). I’m probably moving overseas again in July, so this may be my only chance to attend a Dopefest!

Sounds good. Hawkeyeop and I will be there. Their website says they only take reservations of 15 or more people. We had 10 at the last 'fest and had a hard time getting seated (as some of you well know).

How many do we have so far for this one?
I count bbs2k, WhatExit?, Autolycus, Sophistry and Illusion, Hawkeyeop and I. That’s 6. Who did I miss?

(Sorry you can’t make it tdn.)

Durgin Park is fine by me.

That’s bull. I made a reservation for 11 there for the Summer '06 'fest.

Frizzy hair was had by all.

Me too. This chick better show me a good time.

Heyyyyy.

Heyyyyy. Whaddup?

Take pictures!

Yah, but it’s a Tuesday night, I wouldn’t worry about reservations even if it were a party of twenty. Which would be a kickass party!

Just to verify, Durgin Park on Tuesday night at 7pm.

How will we recognize each other?

And once again, the need for a secret Doper sign is made painfully acute.

My chances of appearing have increased to almost 100%, as my wife had to travel to Virginia to visit an ailing relative, and took the 3-year-old with her. So I’m at loose ends and not likely to wind up with last-minute child care duties.

Since I’m not going, it’s not an issue for me, but if I may suggest…

Look for the large group gathered downstairs but inside.

I recommend we let the front know we are in the Cecil Adams party.

We can of course use the cryptic codes like “Hi, Opal” The reply being “only for 20 minutes” :wink:

That’s what we’ve done in the past. Reservations for 11 under the name of Cecil.

Bitchin’. Who is making the reservation?

I stopped by on my lunch and made the reservations. The “company” name is Cecil, but they insisted on a person’s name and phone number, so I left them my information.

That’s great, thank you mmouse9799.