Boston Area Dopefest, Tuesday April 15, 2008

Thanks! I’ll stand you a beer on Tuesday.

Bump and role-call. We have 11 people showing right? Durgin Park at 7PM.

Autolycus checking in: ^_^)/

I’ll be there, I am taking the Green Line to Gov’t and a short walk down State to Faneuil Hall Market Place.

I’m there. I’ll probably just drive in and park in the 75 State Street garage and walk down to Durgin’s.

No need to walk down State. Just walk across the plaza, cross the street, and Bob’s your uncle.

I’m still planning to be there.

Sorry the CalMeacham clan won’t be there. It’s a school night, and there are a lot of things going on. Hope it’s a good time (at least this time Durgin Park shouldn’t be uncomfortably hot.)

I’ll be in Portland if anyone wants to join me for Thai food. :frowning:

I’ll be in Harvard Square. I can pass messages back and forth between you and the Dopefest if you’d like.

Sounds good, does this mean there is a plaze next to the City Hall?

Yep. When you get out of the station, go straight but slightly to your right. You’ll go up and down a few small staircases, then down a really big one. Cross the street. Keep going straight, but go to the left of Faneuil Hall. You can’t miss it.

Great, thank you.

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but I’m a Boston n00b. Is the entrance to Faneuil Hall Marketplace on State Street or on Merrimac/Congress (it’s not clear from my map what the street is called at that point)? And if I walk in and wander around for a while, will I easily find Durgin Park?

Kind of both, but I believe that Congress Street is the more correct answer.

Quincy Market is three long buildings sitting next to each other. Durgin Park is in North Market. There’s a big flag over it, so it’s easy to spot.

There isn’t really one entrance. Faneuil Hall is collection of old buildings that have been refurbished and divided up into lots of little shops and restaurants. The three main buildings run east-west. The middle one is like a long, skinny food court. Go to the middle of that building, walk out of it to the north, and you’ll be pretty close.

Or, you know, just ask anyone.

Yeah, guaranteed, anyone you see there that doesn’t look like a tourist will be able to direct you.

Muchas gracias. I’ll be seeing you tonight.

Well… Not me.

Well, there will be other Boston Dopefests (although I won’t be around for them, which can only elevate their class.)

Sorry all,

I’m afraid I have to bail on tonight’s festivities. It’s been one heckuva busy week and only promises to get more so.

Have one (or two) for me!

-Geek