Boston Area Dopefest, Tuesday April 15, 2008

I don’t recall promising that, did I miss something? :wink:

So what would be a good place to go before the Red Sox game? Sunday afternoon is my target. Hopefully something near Fenway or along the Green Line.

Is anyone else interested in meeting up on a Monday or Tuesday night?

Jim

I know we have a habit of gravitating towards Faneuil Hall for dinner. A bit touristy, a bit historic, a nice mix of places to eat. Also very accessible to four of the subway lines (red, green, blue, and orange). It’s not in the Fenway neighborhood, which would cut down on crowds, but is still within walking distance (I’ve done it a number of times when I have work after a game and have chosen to avoid subway crowds).

Thanks, I’ll have the pot roast.

Ooh, I know I’m not one of the cool kids, but count me in. Especially if it’s Jim’s treat. :wink:

Sounds good.

Tuesday is better than Monday for me, but I can do Monday.

Do we have any consensus on where?

Is this a Boston Dopefest? Tuesdays are best for me, but I can do make time I’m sure :slight_smile:

How about Fugakyu, lol. It’s right on the C branch of the Green Line. It’s funny because me and tdn just ate there. It really is delicious, and not necessarily expensive. It is Japanese food though, so everyone would have to be cool with that.

I don’t eat Sushi, I am the family black sheep in this regard, but most Japanese places serve excellent steaks. If that is true, it would work for me.

Jim

Huh. I got a $15 entree. It cost me $50.

Jim, you’re the special guest, you get to choose what kind of place we’re going to. Besides, you’re paying. Make sure it’s somewhere swanky.

You paid 50 bucks? It was 15, + 12 for a portion of mine, then maybe 10 for tax and tip, then I know you chipped in like 5 at the end, so 42… well that’s close to 50 :frowning: Next dinner is on me.

I also ordered a beer, and chipped in an extra buck because we were once again caught in the money-sucking vortex, so I think I paid $48.

Yeah, next dinner is on you. :wink:

sounds like you all went to an expensive restaurant…

Yep.

Wow!! I hope it was really good! Please pardon my ignorance, I don’t eat fish, raw or otherwise, but are most fish/sushi/Japanese places so expensive or is this one of the best places in Boston? I lived down the street from this place for awhile, but never did more than walk by it.

Both. It’s an upscale place that serves already expensive food. You don’t have to be a Vanderbilt to eat there – some dishes are quite reasonable. But the sushi is a little out of control. Four of us ordered on the cheap, and two got extravagant. The check came to $318.

I thought it was time to lock down some plans.

Tuesday evening sounds like the best time.

What do we have for place to meet?

Was the restaurant used for this weekends Fest worth using again and what kind of place was it?

Jim

We went to a Pub called Salem Beer Works. It was about a 30 minute train ride from Boston. The food was good, but it took them more than an hour to seat us. (They do not take reservations.)

So where am I headed Tuesday Night?

Can anyone else make it?

Dunno. I know a good Korean/Japanese place that’s also reasonably priced.

Can anyone else make it?
[/QUOTE]

Roll call! (^-^)/

Do they serve steak or just sushi oriented fare?