I am P.
I am P.
- Are you me?
- Are you the actor who played me?
- Are you Carlo Collodi’s best known creation?
Did you surrender Vicksburg on July 4, 1863?
Did Andre Braugher play you on Homicide?
Did you found a woolen manufacturing company in Oregon?
Not Prof. Pepperwinkle.
Not that Phil guy whose surname I can never remember.
Not … Leonidas Polk?
1. Were you a recent candidate for the US Democratic presidential nomination of Maltese descent?
2. Were you kidnapped by Bowser and had to be rescued by an Italian plumber?
3. Over several weeks from June to July 2001, did you (as “Troy Stevens”) host the TV show version of the computer game You Don’t Know Jack?
Not … Pete Buttigieg?
DQ. (“Italian plumber” – Mario?)
Correct on me.
Correct on Phil (Tead).
Correct on Pinocchio.
- Were you also known as Saul of Tarsus?
- Were you married to Pluto?
- Were you married to Hades?
Correct on Mayor Pete. 2 (kidnapped by Bowser and had to be rescued by, yes, Mario) was Princess Peach; 3 (hosted the TV version of You Don’t Know Jack) was Paul Reubens.
1. Are you Paul Reubens’ better-known gray-suited childish alter ego?
2. Did you write Six Characters in Search of an Author?
3. Did you found a detective agency with the motto “We never sleep”?
2. first name begins with P?
Not St Paul.
Not … Proserpina?
Not PeeWee Herman.
Not Mr Pinkerton.
2 Last name begins with P
- Did you write the His Dark Materials trilogy?
- Are you the protagonist of Great Expectations?
- Have you been called “the father of toxicology”?
I heard Mayor Pete speak late last year and, when asked about his electability, he said, “I think I have the gay ex-Navy Episcopalian Maltese-American small-town mayor lane all locked up.”
Did you surrender Vicksburg on July 4, 1863? - Not Gen. Polk (good guess), but Gen. Pemberton
Did Andre Braugher play you on Homicide? - Det. Pembleton
Did you found a woolen manufacturing company in Oregon? - Mr. Pendleton
Would be alive today, if real?
Were you First Speaker of the Second Foundation?
Were you Brett’s colleague and Ripley’s subordinate?
Were you a Democratic presidential candidate in the first season of 24?
Not Philip(?) Pullman.
Not … Pip?
I think if I’d been five seconds slower in thinking of Proserpina, you would have gotten a DQ for her.
DQ. (I got sidetracked halfway through the second book and never did finish the series.)
DQ. (The “Alien” films?)
2 Last name begins with P
5 Would presumably be alive today, if real
Too bad Mayor Pete dropped out – he’s one of the only two Dems I’ve ever seriously considered voting for.
I liked Mayor Pete, too. I’m sure we haven’t seen the last of him. Might be a good HUD pick in the Biden Administration (knock on wood).
Were you First Speaker of the Second Foundation? - Preem Palver, yes, in Asimov’s Foundation trilogy
Were you Brett’s colleague and Ripley’s subordinate? - Parker, yes, in the first Alien movie
Were you a Democratic presidential candidate in the first season of 24? - David Palmer
First appeared before 1950?
First appeared in print?
Created by an American?
Were you a Laker Girl before you became a singer?
Were you the subject of a yearning romantic song with a one-word title?
Were you a chipper GOP senator from Florida in the Eighties?
Not … Paula?
2. Last name begins with P
5. Would presumably be alive today, if real
6. Did not first appear before 1950
7. Did not first appear in print
8. Created by at least one American
Were you a Laker Girl before you became a singer? - Paula Abdul
Were you the subject of a yearning romantic song with a one-word title? - Yes, Paula (I see the title was actually “Hey Paula”): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7w3traHbTU
Were you a chipper GOP senator from Florida in the Eighties? - Paula Hawkins
First appeared in a movie?
Considered a beauty?
Did a neighbor knock three times every time he wanted to see you?
Are you the best-known fictional person from La Barre, France?
Were you his brother?
2 was Luigi Pirandello.
1. Did Paul Reubens have a cameo in Batman Returns as your father, abandoning you in the sewer?
2. Were you inducted into the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame, though you have been ruled ineligible for the Baseball Hall of Fame and banned from the game entirely?
3. Did you appear in Midnight in Paris as Zelda Fitzgerald?
DQ: created after 1980?
Correct on Pullman.
Correct on Phillip “Pip” Pirrip.
#3 was Paracelsus.
1 DQ reserved.
- Was one of your catchphrases “Picky, picky, picky”?
- Did you star opposite Chaplin in The Great Dictator?
- Did you win a Tony for your performance in Hello, Dolly?
And three for you as well.
Pssst – You forgot to say “Paula x3!”