Botticelli - Sept 2026

DQs:

  1. Real
  2. Male
  3. Naturalized American
  4. Dead
  5. Died after 1980
  6. Last name starts with F
  7. Born in Europe
  8. Known for the arts
  9. Died before 2000
  10. Known in part from TV or movies, but more from other arts
  11. Not born in UK
  12. Known for music
  13. Did not, to my knowledge, win a high level award in his field
  14. Not known as a vocalist
  15. Famous (for music) before coming to the US
  16. Known for playing a stringed instrument
  17. Known as a soloist
  18. Not best known for pop or contemporary music

I’m kicking a DQ back to you, @knoodler , because I think it’s covered by 17.

Correct, correct, and the cat is Figaro (from Disney’s Pinocchio)

1 DQ reserved

1 was Lawrence Ferlinghetti.
2 was Phillip Jose Farmer.
3 is correct.

DQ: Classical musician?
1 DQ reserved.

DQs:

  1. Real
  2. Male
  3. Naturalized American
  4. Dead
  5. Died after 1980
  6. Last name starts with F
  7. Born in Europe
  8. Known for the arts
  9. Died before 2000
  10. Known in part from TV or movies, but more from other arts
  11. Not born in UK
  12. Known for music
  13. Did not, to my knowledge, win a high level award in his field
  14. Not known as a vocalist
  15. Famous (for music) before coming to the US
  16. Known for playing a stringed instrument
  17. Known as a soloist
  18. Not best known for pop or contemporary music
  19. Classical musician

DQ: Last name starts with Fa-Fi?

DQs:

  1. Real
  2. Male
  3. Naturalized American
  4. Dead
  5. Died after 1980
  6. Last name starts with F
  7. Born in Europe
  8. Known for the arts
  9. Died before 2000
  10. Known in part from TV or movies, but more from other arts
  11. Not born in UK
  12. Known for music
  13. Did not, to my knowledge, win a high level award in his field
  14. Not known as a vocalist
  15. Famous (for music) before coming to the US
  16. Known for playing a stringed instrument
  17. Known as a soloist
  18. Not best known for pop or contemporary music
  19. Classical musician
  20. Last name starts with Fa-Fi

I think there are two DQs outstanding. Let’s finish them off by noon CDT Monday, September 21.

I’m drawing a blank, so I’ll toss my last DQ into the pot for someone else to use.

knoodler’s DQ: Violinist?

DQs:

  1. Real
  2. Male
  3. Naturalized American
  4. Dead
  5. Died after 1980
  6. Last name starts with F
  7. Born in Europe
  8. Known for the arts
  9. Died before 2000
  10. Known in part from TV or movies, but more from other arts
  11. Not born in UK
  12. Known for music
  13. Did not, to my knowledge, win a high level award in his field
  14. Not known as a vocalist
  15. Famous (for music) before coming to the US
  16. Known for playing a stringed instrument
  17. Known as a soloist
  18. Not best known for pop or contemporary music
  19. Classical musician
  20. Last name starts with Fa-Fi
  21. Not a violinist

My last DQ: violist, cellist or bass player?

DQs:

  1. Real
  2. Male
  3. Naturalized American
  4. Dead
  5. Died after 1980
  6. Last name starts with F
  7. Born in Europe
  8. Known for the arts
  9. Died before 2000
  10. Known in part from TV or movies, but more from other arts
  11. Not born in UK
  12. Known for music
  13. Did not, to my knowledge, win a high level award in his field
  14. Not known as a vocalist
  15. Famous (for music) before coming to the US
  16. Known for playing a stringed instrument
  17. Known as a soloist
  18. Not best known for pop or contemporary music
  19. Classical musician
  20. Last name starts with Fa-Fi
  21. Not a violinist
  22. Not a violist, cellist, or bass player

I believe th-th-tha-that’s all the DQs, so feel free to start with your “Are you Firstname Lastname” questions, through noon CDT Tuesday, September 22.

Not a clue have I.

Shot in the dark…

DQ: Are you Ferrante of Ferrante & Teicher?

I am not.

I had a copy of that album a few years decades ago.

You want The Drifter, from 1966. One of the tracks on side A is “Feleena (From El Paso)”, which tells the story from her point of view. You were probably better off not knowing about it.

Thought I knew who this was, but per Wiki he fails DQ14.

All right, let’s put this round to bed.

I am

Rudolf Firkušný

considered by many the preeminent Czech pianist of the 20th century.

But possibly known to some here from a Mister Robinson’s neighborhood Nike ad, which popped to mind when I was thinking of a new name before this round.

Feel free to call “Foul!” on my pick.

I thought a piano was a percussion instrument; I have heard it classified that way because the sound is made by hammers hitting the strings.

I haven’t heard of him.
Wiki shows the piano is usually considered to be both a string and a percussion instrument.

I don’t see anything wrong that pick, but I’ve never heard of him.

I’ll admit I was thinking more guitar or ukulele or harp, but I’m ok with piano as a string instrument.

Or a percussion one if the questions had run that way.