Botticelli - Sept 2026

I’ve heard of him. He wasn’t on my radar, so nicely done!

Never heard of him, meself.

Pervious IQs:

Was your dad a retired Seattle police officer? - Yes, Frasier Crane
Were your parents both mental-health professionals? - Yes, Frederick Crane, son of Frasier and Lilith
Did Harrison Ford play you in American Graffiti? - Bob Falfa, a cool guy in a fast car who’s juuuuust a bit like Han Solo

Well, it seems that knoodler saved me from a verdict of lack of fame, so I’ll host the next round.

I am

W

as in whippet, welcome and wingman.

Bring on the IQs!

IQ1: Do Brits look for you in crowds?
IQ2: Did you write about a Jewish chariot racer?
IQ3: Were you David Crosby and David Allen Coe’s cousin?

IQs:
1. Did you direct Desperate Living?
2. Did your father found a restaurant chain?
3. “We shall fight them on the beaches”?

IQs:

  1. Did Ray Bradbury title a collection of short stories after a poem of yours?
  2. Were you an ambulance driver for the Red Cross?
  3. Were you part of the NY Knicks first two NBA championships?

IQs:

  1. Were you the announcer for the always insane, frequently obnoxious, meretriciously atrocious, all-leather 1950’s BBC radio series The Goon Show?
  2. Did you create Pogo?
  3. Did you and your brothers sail off in a wooden shoe?

I am not Waldo.
I am not Lew Wallace.
Take a DQ.

Take a DQ and I am neither Wendy nor Winston Churchill.

I am not… Walt Whitman?
Take a DQ.
I am not… Willis Reed?

Take a TGS DQ.
I am not Walt Kelly.
Take another DQ.

1 was John Waters; correct on Wendy Thomas.

DQ: real?

  1. Were you a Methodist who wanted non-alcoholic grape juice for purposes of Communion and devised a technique that guarenteed it?
  2. Did you write a bunch of hymns, some of which are still sung today?
  3. Did the church that you founded employ a lot of circuit riders?

IQs:
1. Were you one of the imaginary friends at Foster’s?
2. Were you an early 20th century self-made millionaire with a cosmetics and hair care business?
3. In John Waters’ Female Trouble, does Dawn Davenport claim to have the gun Arthur Bremer used to shoot you?

Take a DQ.
I am not Charles Wesley, nor am I John Wesley.

Take a DQ.
I am not… ah, I’m blanking on the name. She was the first self-made black millionaire in the U.S.? Take a DQ.
I am not George Wallace.

W

  1. Real
  1. Dr. Thomas Bramwell Welch
  2. Charles Wesley, yes, correct
  3. John Wesley, yes, correct

DQ Living?

1 was Wilt; 2 was Madam C.J. Walker.

DQs:
1. first name begins with W?
2. known from the arts?

W

  1. Real
  2. Dead
  3. First name begins with W
  4. Not known from the arts

1 was Wallace Greenslade.
2 is correct.
3 was Winken (with Blinken and Nod).

DQs:

  1. Died after 1950?
  2. American?

W

  1. Real
  2. Dead
  3. First name begins with W
  4. Not known from the arts
  5. Died before 1950
  6. American

Correct
Walt Disney
I was thinking of Walt Frazier (Walt x3), but Willis Reed also fits the question.

1 DQ reserved

DQ: Known from politics or military?

W

  1. Real
  2. Dead
  3. First name begins with W
  4. Not known from the arts
  5. Died before 1950
  6. American
  7. Known from politics or the military