Botticelli - September 2017

IQ1: Are you one of the original five MTV Veejays?
IQ2: Are you Peter Griffin’s hypersexual buddy?
IQ3: Are you eh the mayor eh of Springfield?

#3. I am not Mayor Quimby.
Take 2 DQs for the others.

Previous IQs:

Did you help 007 in Jamaica? - Q, the weapons and gadget guy, didn’t appear in Dr. No - this was Quarrel
Did Sisko punch you, something Picard never did? - Yes, Q, but Knowed Out asked about him first
Were you one of the Rude Mechanicals? - Peter Quince, in A Midsummer Night’s Dream

DQs:

Born since 1950?

IQs:

Were you a longtime columnist for Newsweek?
Was Beezus your sister?
Did your best male friend have a dog named Ribsy?

Correct.
Ramona Quimby.
Correct.
DQ: Military/Political?

Martha Quinn, Glenn Quagmire, correct

Born after 1961?

holding a DQ

DQs:

1. Real
  2. Last name starts with Q
  3. Alive
  4. Female
  5. American
  6. Not known for the Arts
  7. Born before 1950
  8. Known for political/military

KO: You can change your DQ, due to the answer to #7.

Take 3 DQs.

OK, change my DQ to

Politician?

Previous IQs:

Were you a longtime columnist for Newsweek? - Jane Bryant Quinn
Was Beezus your sister? - Ramona Quimby (already asked about by SCAdian, so withdrawn)
Did your best male friend have a dog named Ribsy? - Beezus Quimby’s friend was Henry Huggins

DQ:

Best known as someone’s wife?

One DQ reserved.

IQs:

Do you hang out with a radio shock jock?
Do you wear purple and love to bowl?
Did your careful study of a body turn out to be that of a beautiful girl in a bikini?

DQs:

1. Real
  2. Last name starts with Q
  3. Alive
  4. Female
  5. American
  6. Not known for the Arts
  7. Born before 1950
  8. Known for political/military
  9. Politician
  10. Best known as someone’s wife

That oughta cinch it.

Take 3 DQs.

IQ: Was your husband VP under Bush Sr?

Why, yes! I am Marilyn (Mrs. Danforth) Quayle, wife of a Veep and mother of a Congressman. Good job, SCAdian!

:smiley:

I am, predictably, R. I’ll be back after I come up with further details…
When getting ready for the ‘P’ game I was pretty sure none of you would know Guenther Prien. Would Miss Prism have been too obscure?

Well, I don’t know Guenther. I don’t recall a Miss Prism offhand either.

Not all of us are sophisticated enough to read the classics. I mainly read the nerd stuff.

Good job, SCAdian. Off the top of my head, Prien was a top U-boat commander during WWII, wasn’t he? Dunno Miss Prism.

Previous IQs:

Do you hang out with a radio shock jock? - Robin Quivers, Howard Stern’s sidekick
Do you wear purple and love to bowl? - “Don’t f**k with the” Jesus Quintana (John Turturro), in The Big Lebowski
Did your careful study of a body turn out to be that of a beautiful girl in a bikini? - Quincy, M.E.

On to R…

IQs:

Did you command His Majesty’s Battlecruiser MacArthur?
Were you the proprietor of the Cafe Americain?
Did the butler offer to take your trident for you?

IQs:

1. Are you married to the actor who’s the current James Bond?
  2. Were you the last supervillain that Andrew Garfield’s Spider-Man fought in the movies?
  3. Did you just vow to help rebuilt the island of Barbuda which was devastated by hurricane Irma?

Prien was the one who snuck his boat into the Home Fleet anchorage at Scapa Flow in 1939, sank a battleship, and escaped. It was probably a good thing for the British that he was killed in early 1941 – even with that short a career he’s in the top ten list for u-boat commanders. (Much of my reading when I was a kid was military history.) Miss Prism was in Oscar Wilde’s The Importance of Being Earnest.

Not Roderick Whatsis (The Mote in God’s Eye).
Not Rick (Casablanca).
DQ.
Take another DQ or two if you feel the surnameless answers above were inadequate.

Three DQs.

#1 is Rachel Weisz.
#2 was the Rhino.
#3 is Robert DeNiro.

DQs:

1. Real?
  2. Male?
  3. Last name starts with R?