Bracing for the holidays in the MMP

Sticky, that sounds like an elderly cat still has some zoomies in him. :smiley:
::throws rice:: because Mooomm got hitched this mornin’.
Rain now, windage later.

Romeo Jr. has off today and tomorrow because he worked last weekend and is working this weekend. Upside: I don’t have to pick up young’uns after work and dinner will be ready shortly after I get home for the day. Downside: I’m going to do housework all night (the stuff that didn’t get done over the weekend while he was working.)

So tonight I’m watching my DVRed episode of Grey’s Anatomy and folding laundry.

Up and starting Christmas cards while watching a MST3K box set the OW scored this weekend at Half-Price Books. I hand-address and write some notes in almost a hundred of the darn things and I use obsolete postage so they almost arrive gift wrapped. :slight_smile: What can I say? The USPS loves me even if some of the employees don’t.

Blurfage Irking, of course. Not sure what the day may hold this far. Still trying to wake up. Blurfage

Made it to 9:15am before rising. After looking at weather (damp) and temperature (42F and that’s the high for the day–it’s heading downward from there), I’m tempted to crawl back into bed. Still, I did make a list of things to do (in fact, added 2-3 more things) and staring at it makes me at least try to get some of them done. We shall see.

Moves away from spidey until after FCM reads his comment.

Sticky Buns, ?? Between you and Midget, I am really confused now (which I am willing to admit is a normal state of affairs for me). And Emily, concur with the rest, get the head checked out if you can.

Good thing my eye doc sent me an online form to fill out. I found out that I had my last exam in Feb, so going now is way too early. The appointment is canceled, and I’ll resched later. WHEW! That frees up my Firday afternoon. :smiley:

Other than that, a frustrating morning dealing with trying to update drawings. And my car repairs came to a bit over $500, which, naturally, was not in this month’s budget. Dammit. I think when I finally retire, I’ll just sell my car - we’ve still got FCD’s car and the truck. But that’s at least a year off.

A week from today, we leave for FL. Not looking forward to the drive, but definitely looking forward to vacation.

I hate greedy people and companies. For years (over 14) I have chartered Conch Tour Trains to take folks out to see the all the pretty holiday lights. For this I charged $5. I had to pay $225 per train. This year the price of each train is up to $435 which is insane. I have cancelled them. My folks are cheap and will not pay double. I sell thousands of dollars per month with this company year round. That may have to change too.

Ripple is driving me nuts today. Near as I can tell he is barking at the leaves falling off the trees.

I should have taken him to day care today since I woke up too early anyway.
I’ll try to get the emissions test tomorrow, I’ve been driving more than usual so maybe whatever needed to reset itself has done the resetting.

By definition, aren’t servants’ quarters bedrooms?

You allow your servants to sleep? Whats next? Green cards and minimum wage? :wink:
Am I that childish? Yes ------- but not at the moment.

You spoil them with a bed? I make mine sleep curled up in a cupboard. Stops 'em lying in :wink:

Had the first student society event today; a walk round the lesser known parts of site, looking at the plants and practising identification skills. We had a few people show up, but I think basically all of them either were committee members, or were directly press-ganged by a committee member. Hopefully if we do something offsite with more notice we’ll get a couple more!

Since studenting started up again for the year, time seems to be going ridiculously fast. I seem to simultaneously have loads of free time and none at all. Very odd.

Yours get to curl up in a cupboard? Mine sleep standing up in the corner…& they like it!

O-ho - you let yours stand up inside? Mine curl up outside…and they’re lucky to have it.

Still the land of smoke and ash. :frowning: It’s finally getting chilly, but I can’t tell if that’s just because we can’t see the sun.

I’m doing a bit of unpacking and trying to find all the paperwork I need to get 'Beamer transferred to his autistic school.

Right now, though, I am eating ice cream and reading the intertoobz. Very important. :stuck_out_tongue:

So I took the old truck over to the compost getting place yesterday, and they were closed. We had driven past there last week and saw that their sign said they would be closed Nov 10th, Memorial day. The sign did not say they would be closed Nov 10 - 12.
Anyway, they were closed. I was somewhat annoyed, since the turn signals have quit working on the truck and I have to drive it with the window down so’s to make hand signals, which no one understands anymore anyway, and it’s cold out there.
So anyway, I get to try again today. Joy.

Local grandson wants said truck as a project vehicle and I kinda wish he’d get around to taking it. I’m tired of messing with it.

I suppose I should get dressed and start doing the things.

Home at last. Daughter is making supper - tacos. I do not like tacos. ick. I’ll be eating the leftover shepherd’s pie.

**FCD **is napping. So is Roxy. Taz is lying across my arm. It’s grey and dreary outside.

I am *sooooooooooooo *ready for vacation!!

you don’t like tacos ? oh my ears … the heresy:eek::stuck_out_tongue:

your the first person ive ever heard say those words …… Now tired of tacos that’s a regular thing (I live in west taco land …… we have them at least once a week or so I can even identify what regional style of the taco makers country )

I want holiday tamales tho …… unless you get mediocre ones in shops and resturants this is the only time of year you get really homemade good ones (the moms and grandmas really enforce this …)

I should ask next door/down the street if there making them this year and how much they charge for some ……

I don’t like the seasonings in the ground beef. I don’t like chili powder, cumin, or any hot pepper substances.

I do like shrimp tacos, but that’s not what they’re making.

Well, making a list did help.

Got several jobs done, one was turning in a bunch of old eyeglasses to WalMart Optical, who collects them for the Lion’s Club program to provide them where they are needed. Doing so made me think I hadn’t had an eye checkup in quite some time, so I stopped at my optometrist office to make an appointment and they had an opening right then so I’ve had my eyes checked, dilated, and scanned and ordered a new pair of glasses. Then got home and paid a couple of bills, so I feel rather good as I’ve cleared out over half my list. Should get the rest tonight or tomorrow.

shady, I’m afraid i’m with FCM, not a taco person either.

I don’t have servants, people will do things for me because they love me so much…

Nut, tell folks you’re looking for ‘mystery’ plants that are purported to cure leprosy (or some other exotic disease) to get people to come on the walks.

Butters, is it greed, lack of competition, or higher costs due to the storms you guys have had recently?

OK, still-dilated eyes are aching, so off the computer I go.

Howdy Y’all! I laundered, folded, put things away and even ahrned on a cool, rainy day. Plus I made sup. I adulted like an adult today. Now I chill. Also yanked a poke roast outta da freezer. I have a gnawin’ and a cravin’ for poke roast and baked apples. Thus that shall be supped tomorrow. Oh, and I also made a grocery list so’s I’ll have one handy when I lay in provisions tomorrow.

No, you have one of thoseStar Trek [sup]TM[/sup] things.