Bracing for the holidays in the MMP

One doesn’t make them of ground beef, one makes them of pulled pork.

One doesn’t add cumin. blech American-style tacos are abominations. Definitely don’t use those pre-hardened giant tortilla chip “shells” either. :mad:

EKG says that I may have had a heart attack at some point, or maybe not because machines aren’t too good at this stuff. I’m waiting for my doctor to get back to me and trying not to look at the online stuff.

****bumba, is the truck that your grandson wants for a project the Ranger? Those compact ones make some fun projects. My second S10 became a dancing truck once I retired it.

Mooooom, you don’t like tacos?!?! :eek:

shady, I’m with you on the tamales. I’m salivating in anticipation for the ones Sis will bring up from Houston for the holidays. When we go to Dad’s for Thanksgiving, it’s usually Wednesday night tamales, Thursday turkey dinner and Friday pirogies and stuffed cabbage. We eat well. :slight_smile:

While I was out with Nelson this afternoon, a Budget rental truck pulled up. It was a contracted currier delivering his food from Chewy. The nice man even set it inside the door since we were right there. :slight_smile: Nelson got skritches from him too.

I’m trying to get stuff caught up at irk before Thanksgiving week so’s I won’t have to rush the EoM stuff. Wish me luck. :stuck_out_tongue:

Worked, came home napped. Making salmon with herbed rice and Parmesan bacon spinach. Made a little cocketail with some Knob Creek with Peach Pepper soda. Needs a little less sugar, and a hair more pepper. Also, one of my shifts is quitting due to family issues, so extra fresh hell for me this holiday.

:dubious:
And I thought you were cool because you were a Yellowbeard fan.

BRAIN AND BRAIN WHAT IS BRAIN?!?

doggio, the peach pepper soda sounds interesting.

Deny all you will. :dubious:

When I think of Star Trek and flytrap, this is what comes to mind: Catspaw (episode) | Memory Alpha | Fandom

Nothing much else to report. Made a new list of things to do for tomorrow, we’ll see how that goes.

Is that you on the right?

Oh, this was one 'elluva day!

At irk there was, me, my boss, & an ass chewing. He said, “Point taken” when I finished chewing his ass. :mad:
Then there is the person who’s going to win some prizes. Lesse, there’s:
[ul]
[li]Jewelry; two bracelets, steel, interconnected.[/li][li]Custom photo shoot - one from the front & one from the side, complete with your name on them.[/li][/ul]
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Spidey you have all the fun…

Like I said, if there was more pepper, and a tad less cane sugar it would be a perfect bourbon mix. :slight_smile: And maybe a hair more carbonation. But I got a bottle of the Irish Cream to try with my Tullamore Dew next.

Nah, those are much more cuter and cuddly than Flytrap.

Happy Hump Day!

I’m up too early again today, but that gives me more time to get ready to take Ripple to daycare.
I can take a nap later. Yesterday I tried to take a nap, but Ripple kept poking me and waking me up. I had no idea what he wanted until I sat up and he jumped up in my place, curled up, and went to sleep.
The brat.

It’s a dark 34 degrees outside, supposed to be cloudy wth a high of 41 today.

Not much going on, but a lot of stuff on the To Do List.

I answered a bunch of calls yesterday that I usually ignore.
First one offered me a better interest rate on my credit cards. I said you can do better than 0%? that is cool because then you can pay me! He said hold on while I remove you from our list. Then next caller thought I have more than $10,000 in credit card debt, I said no and he hung up on me. Must be getting his information from the same place as the guy who thought my house is worth 50% more than the actual value. If it were I wouldn’t refinance, I’d sell and move even further away into bumphuk nowhere. Preferably a warmer one.

Sunny, heart attacks are scary.I’ve had two, the first one I thought I had bronchitis or pneumonia. The second one I knew what was happening. You’ll probably have to go through a bunch of tests. If they want to do a angioplasty try to get them to go through your wrist rather than through the groin. Much quicker recovery time, and you don’t have to lay flat on your back (without moving) for hours.

Few things are scarier than dreaming that you’re peeing, then suddenly waking up in a panic that you were peeing. :eek: No, I wasn’t, but I had to, so I did… not in bed! :stuck_out_tongue:

When it was finally time to wake and I turned the TV on, the evil weather lady was saying the “s” word for tomorrow. But it applies farther north and west than I live (waving at sari!!) - we’ll just get bunches of rain. I can deal with rain.

And I’m starting to give serious thought to the stuff we’ll need for our trip. Definitely will pack shorts! I also need to find out if AT&T has a short-term international plan, just in case we need it. Mine is a pre-paid plan, so we shall see.

Other than that, just another day in paradise. Happy Wednesday!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 52 Amurrkin out and rainy with a predicted high of 58 and rain for the day. Rah. Today I shall lay in provisions. Since next week brings us Turkey Day I shall purchase some needed stuff for that as well. I shall not visit a grocery sto’ the day before T Day as that is madness. Poke roast with apples and some sort of vegetative side matter shall compose sup this evenin’. My desire is to get in and out of the Pubic Sto’ as quick as possible, get back to da cave and stay.

{{{Sunny}}} hope the doc finds out what’s goin’ on soon so that can get fixed. In the mean time don’t freak yourself out by readin’ stuff on teh intartoobz.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, alas, I must purtify and don appropriate goin’ about the public attire. Bother!

Happy Hump Day Y’all!

Blurfage Irking again. I am taking off the next two days to burn up some leave. Getting critical now that I do that. Not gonna lose it.

I always see myself as this ST:TOS character: Cyrano Jones | Memory Beta, non-canon Star Trek Wiki | Fandom

Spidey, glad you have (1) such a good relationship with the boss or (2) are close enough to retirement that you can argue back at him. And who is getting busted by the law?

FCM, my kidneys seem to have a timer; unfortunately, it’s set for 5am. Fortunately, I wne tback to sleep until 7.

Sari, yes, the worst part about those calls is that they are working from a script with no real knowledge. The ones that irritate me the most are the ‘folksy’ ones who give you the “Oh hi, y’all seems so happy on the phone! Glad we were able to get ahold of you.” Them I just hang up on without any conversation.

{{{Sunny}}}. Take care now.

42F outside and 100% chance of rain according to the forecasters, but dry right now so may have to get up and do my outside list o’stuff before the rains show up.

Up and adulting; cold and damp. Tomorrow they are talking rain, freezing rain, sleet, snow, frogs, locusts and an invasion of unwanted tourists from the mid-west. I may just crawl under the covers tonight and stay there until March.

LUNCH TIME!!!

**FCD **popped in - I kinda, sorta left with his keys this morning. ooops! So he got in the truck and drove all the way down here to retrieve them. He’s bored - after frantic months, he literally has nothing to do for his business. He doesn’t seem impressed with my chore suggestions…

It’s dreary-looking outside but the precip isn’t supposed to hit till tomorrow - after it soaks **swampy **and MetalMouse. We get your sloppy seconds! :eek:

:smiley:

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today. There’s a break in the rain, so I got Gordie’s long walk in. Going to Canes Corner tonight.

I am Tribble-d by this mental image.

Guess somebody ratted Spidey out about Puppy Fight Club.:wink:
{{{{Sunny}}}} hope they figure it out.

Snow is a four letter word, and I see some is expected up here tomorrow.
However, it won’t be cold enough to keep it around.
Nowhere I have to go anyway, and lots of food in the house.

Ripple was not happy about daycare this morning. He was all excited about going for a ride, and all excited about getting out of the truck. Not too happy to go inside the doggie day care.

I spent most of the morning on the phone with a friend that I’ve been playing phone tag with. We had a lot of catching up to do. Now I need to pull out my To Do List and get busy.