Breaking news in the sniper case! Or, not.

Read this column in today’s St. Petersburg Times.

So accurate. I couldn’t have said it better.

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/10/23/Columns/And_now__this_breakin.shtml

Oh, that was too funny! I think the last real breaking news story was Sept 11, and the news networks have to treat each “breaking” news story like that horrible day. God forbid they should be second place in case something happens.

The bit about Carrot Top, that’s what put me over the edge.

Sounded a lot like that old Monty Python skit about an election - “Can I just say this is the first time I’ve been on television?” “No, I’m sorry, there isn’t time…”

I liked the panel from the Institute for People Who Talk on Television, myself. :slight_smile:

That feels like a bit from Who’s Line Is It Anyway?

I like this guy.

FWIW, this Phenomenon is not peculiar to CNN, unfortunately.

Wow… That sums it up pretty well…

There’s actually some real BREAKING NEWS going on right now. There have been two arrests made “in connection” with the sniper case at a rest-stop in Maryland. I’m one of the few people awake to watch it live…

I hope they’ve got the @#'er !!! I’m going to bed now, it’s probably gonna be the same news over and over until I wake up…M U S T T U R N O F F T E L E V I S I O N

Man, Americans really hate Carrot Top, don’t they? :slight_smile:

I’m sure he’s annoying an’ all. He made me laugh though.
Anyway, fine piece of journalism.

Well, there are worse things.

Like an earwax high colonic.

:smiley:

If you liked that you should check out a show on the ABC (Australian) called CNNNN. Hilarious!

Beautiful!
Everyone should do themselves a favour and block all 24-hour “news” stations on their TV.

[sub]man, the guys at Network HQ will kill me if that gets out