Bricker for POTUS? Dopers (or whoever) for [fill in the blank]?

Oh, this is going to be moved…somewhere.

I left the party a long time ago, but I think you’d probably be a reasonable choice, really, if you had made any political alliances.

(Of course, my standards of reasonable preclude me from supporting anyone the GOP would actually nominate for President, since they’ve had a strong anti-income-tax litmus test for all elected officials for 20 years, & I think** income tax cuts have gone too far.** So my opinion isn’t worth anything to the GOP.)

What other joking job recommendations do we think would make sense in a world slightly more open to possibilities?

Can you imagine Bricker trying to get anything done? He’d be arguing with the staff all day long over definitions, they’d agree, and then he’d try to get them to admit that even those definitions are not precise enough. All said and done, while I’m confident that Monsignor Bricker is smarter, better educated and wiser than any Republican prospect, that they will pick an idiot like Romney or Palin instead.

Bricker/Shodan 2012

but I’d still vote for Dio/Luci first.

You will note that I was recommending him as the GOP candidate for POTUS, not as the actual POTUS. :wink:

Nah, if you want things done, gonzomax/Der Trihs. :smiley:

If by “getting things done” you mean causing Oak to lead an armed insurrection, then yeah, sure. Go with that. Lots of people will die, and the country may never recover, but if that’s what you want, I’ll trust you to have a cold ale waiting on me when I get to Valhalla.

Otherwise, I could probably get behind a Bricker/Shodan ticket. Especially if there might be a SCOTUS spot (or at least a federal judgeship) for Oak…

That sounds like a threat.

Also, both tickets are idealogues. I agree with the gonzomax/Der Trihs ticket a lot more, but they’re still ideologues and would have problems working with the other side.

Bricker/ Shodan for POTUS. Gets my vote.

The SDMB would have a collective aneurysm. Imagine the pit threads!:eek:

Skald/Oak for POTUS. Takes your vote. Makes you think that’s what you wanted.

Bricker and Oakminster for Supreme Court, sure. But I have to decline the nom. Can’t afford the pay cut. :slight_smile:

Let’s see - luc - head of the DEA. They need an experienced hand.

gonzomax can head up the Federal Reserve, given his deep understanding of interest rates.

Der Trihs - head of a special commission on faith-based initiatives.

Giraffe can be in charge of Gitmo. White House press secretary? lurking guest.

Regards,
Shodan

I want to be Surgeon General.

I like the uniform.

An Gadaí for town drunk.

I want Administrator of the GSA. A humble enough request in comparison to the above, and let’s face it, there’s a few things need fixing up there . . .

Whoever wins, can I be the guy in charge of military uniforms?

There’ll definitely be . . . . some changes.

Especially post-DADT.

DERTRHIS For Pope, Dalai Lllama and the Archbishop og Canterbury .

If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve. If assassinated, I will not die.

(bolding mine)

OG SMASH!!!

As a serious answer, Airman Doors for SecDef.

As a Democrat, I’d be happy with President Bricker (and a democratic congress :p) because for all the legalisms, I pretty much trust him not to bullshit me.

tomndeb for pres, Tamerlane for veep.

We’ll have a drink-off for that title!

You order white wine and I’ll order something manly.