Brit Dopers, what are Chavs and why do they wear Burberry?

[QUOTE=slaphead]
Well, I’m sure any brand is cheap-ish if you manage to find an outlet store selling all the stuff they couldn’t pass on at full price. I remember poking my nose into the Burberry shop outside Harrods - some of their stuff without the check-of-death is actually quite nice, but when I saw the price tags I had to leave before I burst into hysterical laughter. £150 for a leather wallet? Dang.
[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I was at an outlet mall in Virginia a 10 days ago, and there was a Burberry store there. Even in the outlet store they were selling vinyl purses with the Burberry tartan for well over $100 US. The standard scarf was about the same.

The lower end Chavs tend to be life long benefits claiments,leaving school with few if any qualifications, have their first child at a young age (so as to get assigned a council house).

Are usually petty criminals,minor drug dealing,shoplifting,breaking into cars and burgulary being the most common .

Deliberately exaggerate their local accent to sound “hard”
and wear very tasteful cheap tracksuit bottoms as the males are seen trundling pushchairs(strollers I believe in American)around their sink estates as a demonstration of their fertility if not their manhood .

[QUOTE=Shagnasty]
I cracked up the first time I saw a picture of a group of chavs. I have never seen a goofier looking group of hooligans in my life. I would love to see what would happen if you dropped a load of them down in Compton (Boys N the Hood).
[/QUOTE]

Speaking as a Brit I suspect that they would die in short order unless they found some senior citizens to pick on.

[QUOTE=slaphead]
Well, I’m sure any brand is cheap-ish if you manage to find an outlet store selling all the stuff they couldn’t pass on at full price. I remember poking my nose into the Burberry shop outside Harrods - some of their stuff without the check-of-death is actually quite nice, but when I saw the price tags I had to leave before I burst into hysterical laughter. £150 for a leather wallet? Dang.
[/QUOTE]

Dunno, maybe the woman who posted the rant [about how cheaply dressed some Chavs were] buys really really expensive clothes off the catwalks of Milan?