Bush II to Not Attend RNC

The headline I remember was that she was still waiting on her invitation. Don’t worry, she’ll pull that big 'ol bus up to the front doors and watch it from there.

Her invitation was put on a billboard in Russia. She should be able to see it from her porch.

Speaking of shameless- he once told some Afghanistan war vets:“I must say, I’m a little envious. If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed.” He mentioned the “romance” of it all.

See post #11.

I thinks it’s generous to view it as his choice. I don’t see that him having any other choice, honestly.

Potatoes- Potahtoes!

The funny thing is though, that Romney has apparently had no problem associating with Dick Cheney, one of the few politicos even more unpopular than GWB when he left office. Didn’t Romney even attend a fundraiser at Dick’s place a while back?

That’s because Romney knows where the power really is.

Apparently good ol’ Coach Sandusky was especially devastated to have to miss it when he found out it was going to be held at Chuck E Cheese’s…

(“Where a kid can be a kid!”)

I don’t think that’s so big a deal-- it’s not like those events are big news stories like the convention will be.

I’d put money, that if Romney gets in, Cheney will be back in the White House, in some advisory position or such.

Now I’m going to have nightmares.

How much are you willing to bet?

Would you also like to bet that Jerry Sandusky will be pardoned completely within a year?

Nothing major, just the VP search. After scouring the country, there’s still only one he can recommend…

I’d put a tenner on it!

Like he’s going to give up a chance to be puppet master again?

Heart or no heart, on staff or part time ‘advisor’, I think he’ll still be pulling the strings.

And yes, war with Iran would be on the table again, I believe.

So, you’re not willing to bet?

Yep, as well as a whole lot of other folks from the Bush days. That is kind of how it works. A Pres. needs experienced people to staff a lot of positions and there are only so many around, out of work and loyal to the party.

Dislike of Cheney and Rove are big reasons why I wouldn’t vote for Romney. If he publicly stated that he would not allow them power in the new White house he might just get me interested but he doesn’t want my vote that badly.

I am! Me, me! $10! Right here!

Don’t you find the suggestion that somebody should get a few drinks into a recovering alcoholic a bit, shall we say, not the best suggestion?