Bush II to Not Attend RNC

That depends on whether you care what happens to him and, more importantly, how you care what happens to him.

In this case, it is a very good suggestion indeed.

Well, I care about people in general and I think it’s rather unseemly to wish something like that on anyone, regardless of his agreement or disagreement with me. So, the suggestion rots.

Meh, the original comment was 1) clearly a joke and 2) clearly had nothing to do with Bush’s history of alcoholism.

Before we sign on the dotted line, I’d like to understand how you are defining what it means to “be back in the White House”. To me, it’s an official position and he’s there a majority of the time (either in the WH, or traveling on WH business).

Word on the street is, he’s lying low, in part, because he’s back on the hooch.

(And I won’t bet with you because of the exact issue of how will it be decided - he’s back! I’m pretty sure my view will be at odds with yours, hence, any bet would be a waste of both our times.)

I’m not so sure about “a majority of the time.” That sounds weaselly and hard to define. How about: On the WH payroll with an official title (“Shotgun Czar” or “Advisory Council Member” or whatever, but an actual title) some time during the first two years of a Romney presidency?

Don’t bets regarding Mitt start at $50,000.00?

Make sure the terms are clear first. Do you lose if Romney doesn’t get in, or is the bet reneged?

Jeb Bush will be a featured speaker, at any rate. So will Santorum, and Rand Paul.

So far, *no one * (other than Rice, who gets excused of her failureness for demographic reasons) actually closely associated with the last Republican administration, one which ran two full terms and only ended about three years ago.

If true (and I have no idea if it is or not) I would find that very sad indeed, and I have no love for the man. Going dry was a major personal achievement for a man with few genuine positive achievements of his own in his life; to lose that would be tragic.

A combination of (A) not having anything worthwhile to say, and (B) nobody thinking he does, either.

Where does the rumor of his falling off the wagon come from?

I doubt it’ll change the public perception of him. If anything, an inability to face the public increases my estimation of the man. I honestly thought he didn’t care for the opinions of anyone but his wife and his dog.

Probably not but I wasn’t talking about his public profile, just my personal opinion of his situation.

Probably not but I wasn’t talking about his public profile, just my personal opinion of his situation.

They will need to have a serious amount of carbon control rods on site to prevent a chain-reaction of Insanium if those three are ever in proximity. The negative energy release could be almost unimaginable.

Bravo! Someday I’m going to “borrow” that Insanium line.

Yeah, we noticed that while he was “perzident.”

Fuck him.

I just said I have no love for the man, so no fucking for him.