Bush says Freedom for the millionth time !

And when you say “liberals”, I assume that you actually mean clueless, insane, fanatical Ayn Rand junkies who lay awake at night worrying about the coming invasion of the giant sentient squid. Not that you’d be trying to change the accepted definition of the word or anything. :rolleyes:

You are an eye-rolling idiot. It is morons like you who have attempted to change the meaning of the word:

Liberalism still advocates

Futher, Ayn Rand actually agreed with you, and despised libertarians. She called us “hippies of the right”. So it is you who is the Ayn Rand junkie.

Your pathetic hijack (right on cue) reveals your support of Bush and his wreckless hegemony. You should be joining the chorus of condemnation for this tyrant. Instead, because you lack even a modicum of self-control over your obsession with me, you trivialize what he has done by blathering ignorantly about things your don’t understand. I suspect that you’re drunk.

I guess I didn’t roll my eyes enough. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And I suspect that you’re completely nuts. The available evidence tends to back my suspicion over yours, though.

So then, do you have anything at all to say about the OP’s topic, other than the fact that you support Bush’s usurpation of the word “freedom” for the purpose of furthering his political agenda?

I feel so dirty, I just bought a Heinz Ketchup. Why can’t we get any of that Bush Freedom Ketchup here?

I do have something to say about the OP: Bush is about as sane and sensible as you are. Take that as you will.

Knowing what you think of me, I’ll take it as encouraging. Now if only we could get you as obsessed about what he’s doing as you are about what I’m doing…

Don’t you dare try to pull this shit, you lying, crazy fuck.

You were one of the loudest trying to shout down opposition to Bush last year. Go fuck yourself, you crazy bastard.

As usual, the record contradicts your ignorant and hysterical blathering.

Um, what record would that be? The actual record, or some imaginary one in your head? Present your evidence, you crazy fucker.

Thing is, at least Kerry is bringing up something about himself. I’m not going to turn this into a debate about what he did in Vietnam. No doubt there’s argument about that. But at least its saying something about his past from which you may be able to draw a conclusion about him and his future actions. Whether that conclusion is that Kerry’s actions in Vietnam showed a leader who can act appropriately under pressure, or that Kerry is a lying scumbag who distorts the facts is not to the point of this particular debate. At least Kerry’s saying something about Kerry.

Saying freedom over and over again like a mantra is saying nothing about Bush at all. Any man on earth could say “I love good things” and mean it. Bush is saying nothing about Bush.

Actually, at a meta- level I suppose he is saying something about himself: he is saying I don’t want you to know what I stand for, I just want you to associate me with good things without me actually having to reveal anything about me".

Sadly, I think mass politics works at a level much less sophisticated than that.

It’s your assertion, dumb fuck.

John Kerry was in Vietnam? Huh.

I kind of choked when Bush told Larry King that free societies are peaceful societies… hmmm…

Did he mean countries like the US that have the biggest military on earth, loads of gun related deaths and invade countries once a decade ? Or maybe UK that had IRA and invaded the Suez Canal ? Or maybe South Korean protestors and congress that always end up in a major fight ? Or maybe South American democracies that have loads of police brutality ? Israel ? Or Imperial Britain killing rebelious colonials ?

So Bush thinks just making ME countries free at $150 billion + 2k dead a pop will solve the world’s problems ?

Not only that, but I understand he won some Purple Hearts.

John Kerry for President

Okay, the game is Bush Babble Bingo[sup]TM[/sup]. “Freedom” is the center square.

What are the other squares?

No, you Aussie popinjay, you’re the one trying to change the definitions. Liberty is not a buzzword. It won’t fit on a pennant. (Admittedly, this probably explains your lack of grasp of the concept.)

Separately, after your laughable Binswanger gaffe I thought you’d lay off the subject of Ayn Rand. You know, relax for a while? Read up on her work? Maybe borrow some Cliff’s Notes? Start a query in Café Society?

By now, though, it’s occurred to me that your problem isn’t just blithering ignorance. I think you got your heart broken by a hostel-bound, earthen-soled seppo chick! Aw, what happened? Did you get all proud and puffed up when she compared you to Peter Keating?

Poor little Desmo – aw, nooga nooga nooga. There, there.

Now fuck off.

Liberal, Desmostylus, if you can halt for a moment your “ignorant and hysterical blathering,” “you crazy bastards”, there is a thread awaiting you.

Does Bubble Boy himself call the squares? Cuz if he does, I could definitely see myself signing a loyalty oath or two for an evening of Bubble Boy Bush Babble Bingo.

This is the phrase that makes me choke.

From where I’m standing, it doesn’t look like freedom that he’s spreading around.

I’m pretty sure it isn’t chocolate icing, either.