Bush Supporters

What is it about this man that makes him appealing to you?

When I voted for him, it was simple. He wasn’t Gore. He wasn’t Clinton’s boy. And I liked his politics.

Later, it was the no-nonsense approach to terrorism.

Now, though, things are different. I have to go to work, but suffice it to say that I’m more than a little dissatisfied with him now.

Airman summed up a lot of it. Not Clinton’s boytoy, and the stance he took towards terrorism. I also think he handled 9-11 very, very well.

I like the “down home,” more personal look he cultivates.

“Down home” ? On TV he is always using a dark suit, white shirt and red tie. On his off time ?

90 percent of the voter support their candidate because they happen to be in the same party. They made their decision when they chose their party, and then come up with reasons why they like the candidate to post hoc justify their decision.

Not to turn this into a debate, I would just like to clarify a few points.

If you listen to his speaches, he doesn’t have the pretentious style that Clinton did.

Do you have a cite to back that up, or is that just a WAG? Most people I know don’t give a rat’s ass what party the politician belongs to. It’s :gasp: what their stance on certain issues is that matters :eek:

No cite, that’s just been my experience.

Well since most Republicans have X,Y and Z stances and the Democrats tend to defend A, B and C… then the person chosing their candidates by their stances isn’t much different from people who simply chose Repub. or Democr. ?

In the US certain issues tend to highlight candidates more than real issues thou. Abortion for example.