But... I'm white... and I have a jacket!

Isn’t it Mattias Stenberg?

It’s in his profile.

ETA: googled him up, and I’m guessing the OP is a whoosh.

Stoneburg made a minor error. In Swedish, manchester is a fabric. Corduroy, in fact. So, he was wearing a brown corduroy jacket. Pretty prim and proper.

ETA: jjimm, you’re right. I didn’t bother looking at his profile, I just didn’t want to de-anonymize a mate.

Expected, yes. The rest is yours.

He could be equally pleased to see what appears to be a display of non-prejudice on the part of the woman.

“Shunning” hardly denotes a non-prejudiced attitude. It clearly indicates that he feels prejudiced against.

I know. See link.

The OP does not mention if he was wearing pants. Since the rest of his description was so detailed, I think we can assume the worst.

That’s what I got out of it. You hear about that kind of thing a lot; refusal to share an elevator with a minority, holding one’s purse tighter while walking by, not sharing a bench, etc. The OP was amazed that the woman defied his expectations of prejudice. That’s all.

ETA:

I think we have a winner.

I’m not sure I get it.

If I entered a tram car and there were two strangers sitting in two different spots … I’d pick a third spot to sit too.

What am I missing?

I think y’all been whooshed.

Maybe her kid is rambunctious and loud and she didn’t want HIM to bother you and the baby. And if he started kicking the back of the seat in front of him like 99.9% of young boys do, maybe she figured a stern word from the man would nip that in the bud faster than another mom nagging at him!:slight_smile:

Yeah, the first thing i thought upon reading the OP was that the xenophobic language was tongue-in-cheek. I could be wrong, but i’m sticking to that for the moment.

No pants, but with a gigantic erection? No shirt? A decapitated head in a bag at his feet? Had he just farted? Or did the Arabic-looking guy look like a young Omar Sharif?

Or was, in fact, the tram crowded - he never mentioned any other passengers, but maybe they were there?

Yep.

What the heck is “Nämndeman i tingsrätten”, by the way?

“Juror in the district court”

Well, I admit - I got whooshed but good. Still, someone purportedly on the left ought to fucking know better that this.

This was a test and you all failed…

The correct response was 42.

Only in base 13.

What did you guys google?

I’d sit next to a young Omar Sharif. :slight_smile:

Him.

I googled his name–how can you tell that the OP is a whoosh from that?