Buttigieg caught staging a blatant photo Op. (Debunked)

They didn’t let Khrushchev visit Disneyland.

U.S. security authorities didn’t let Kruschev, a foreign government official, visit Disneyland. It wasn’t his own security detail. And even if the Soviet Premier was subject to orders from his security detail, I don’t think the U.S. President is subject to orders from the U.S. Secret Service. The U.S. Constitution is fairly clear on the chain of command.

Well sure, it makes no sense to run HSR across the Dakotas and Wyoming and Montana. But most of the eastern half of the U.S. would be well served by HSR, as would the West Coast from Seattle down to San Diego, or connecting Texas’ cities with one another.

The OP is definitely something else.

I don’t know that much about other places mentioned in your post, but I know the west coast, and there would never be enough train traffic, and I mean never, to justify the cost. There are mountains, and earthquakes, and right-of-ways that don’t exist, and all kinds of problems. And hundreds of miles between population centers. Seattle to San Diego is 1250 miles or so, with only 3 viable stops along the way.

There is another thread that has been debating HSR’s viability in the US for a week now.

Oh yeah? I tried closing my own thread not too long ago, and the mods-that-be gave me an argument about whether it could be done.