"C" is for Coprophagistic, that's good enough for me.....

I’m not sure I quite understand the offense being taken. I mean, if he had gone completely cookie free, I could understand, but he hasn’t.

If the South Park kids suddenly started spewing PSA type messages, I could see some outrage at that. Or even if Spongebob Squarepants started proselytizing about the evils of junk food, I could understand. But Sesame Street has always been about educating kids - not just academically, but in other basic areas such as hygiene, social skills, and even nutrition. So Cookie Monster slightly modified his stance, in the name of helping kids understand a little better the role they play in taking care of themselves.

Chopped off the end of my post:

So Cookie Monster slightly modified his stance, in the name of helping kids understand a little better the role they play in taking care of themselves. Is that so horrible? As times change, so will the things that are important, timely, and relevant. And so will a show that expects to be around another 30 years.

Uh, have you ever watched South Park? PSA type messages are its format.

Yes, and as I said, Cookie Monster has NOT changed. The show has in that the focus this season is physical health.

Offense #1: I fear and loathe change. It’s my kryptonite of ignorance. Deal with me.
Offense #2: OP recognizes that Cookie has traditionally given a nod to good nutrition. But this little kernel:

patently ignores the FACT that a key contributor to childhood obesity is TELEVISION, and The Street by association. They should give that wierdo Captain Vegetable more skit time if they want to push high fiber/low carbs; or they can give Ernie some better interaction with Cookie to get him to chill out, share his goodies and exercise a little self discipline–show kids how to influence and to be influenced.

But don’t CHANGE Cookie Monster into a snivelling toadie who ASKS if he can have a cookie! That’s just plain weak, unimaginative and shows kids that they need to cave in to authority. And THIS is certainly not the time for THAT kind of a lesson! Wanna give Cookie a new calling? Have him work hard and honest for maximum cookie payoff. Have him cheat once in a while and have to eat sand. Harness his drive to gobble cookies to demonstrate the wages of sin and the rewards of valor! But for the love of Christ, don’t turn him into a hairy, blue toadie!

Grover was and will always be the real star. Elmo is only a pretender to the throne. Insipid little creep.

PVP Comics had something to say about this:

http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20050408

:smiley: