Calendar Access

When I click the Calendar link on the top menu bar, I get told that I don’t have permission to access that page. Why do I have a link to something that I’m not allowed to access (it’s not a big deal, I’m just curious)? Is there some higher level of membership no one told me about that lets me access the Calendar? :wink:

In the course of my search for an answer to this question, I saw a few references to the Calendar possibly going bye-bye…is that the case?

Back in the day, when we had just moved from UBB to vB software, the Calendar function was turned off for server capacity reasons. Seeing as our server is still being flogged like a Kentucky Derby race horse 50 yards from the finish line, I doubt that the tech guys at the Reader have changed their opinion in this regard. Us moderators aren’t allowed anywhere near the servers, by the way. In my case, my orders are to maintain at least 6,000 kilometers of distance between me and the equipment at all times.

The link is still there because our tech guys always err on the side of caution, and hate tinkering with the software. So, you click on the link, and it tells you “No can do”, instead of the link just not being there in the first place.

Not the most elegant solution, but probably the safest from a maintenance point of view.

Groovy…just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing out on some l33t Doper thang. :wink:

Thanks for the quick reply! :slight_smile:

The calendar function was accessible back in March. I fiddled with it for a bit and even got an automatic birthday email. :slight_smile: It was nice but not super-wonderful, and I haven’t missed it.