Calgary End of Summer (sob) Dopefest, Anyone?

We’ve just confirmed our babysitter, so we’ll be there. We thought of a few more potential places too:

-Julio’s Barrio, a Mexican place in Kensington, right on the corner of 10th and Memorial, where the old Red Robin used to be. We 've been there a few times, and have not been disappointed.

-The Broken Plate: just up 10th st still in Kensington, pretty good Greek at decent prices. There’s also one right beside Crowfoot center, but I suspect that might be a bit too far North.

We’re also fine with Thai; one thing about Thai we may wan to consider, depending on the size of our group, is whether we share courses or just each order a single course. It’s a dilemma I’ve found kind of awkward when in groups of more than 4-6, as opposed to places where everyone gets an individual plate with more than one thing on it.

How’s the rollcall looking so far, Featherlou?

Hey Trupa - we’ve got Spoons and Abraca Deborah, you and Serious Lark, and me and Jim. The Crowfoot Broken Plate might be a good choice - we’re all coming from the north now. Just as close as Kensington, probably, but with fewer parking hassles.

The North might be a good idea if we’re all up there, and the Broken Plate at Crowfoot is as good a place as any. (Besides, we’ve been needing a good Greek feed.)

What time are we looking at?

It’s amazing what ya find when ya search “food & beer”.

I may have a chance to zip down the QE2 for a day…

Any room for a meek?

It’s only 20% I can go right now - but if I am in Red Deer at the right time, I may pop in to your shindig - if that’s ok.

Is it the Broken Plate Kitchen & Bar on 10th st North of Kengsington or the one south of Kengsington ? Or… ?

I’ll watch this thead for the set time.

Cheers.

It’s the latter, the Or…

Here’s a Google Map Link

The blue marker has the location. The two blue lines are where the parking lot entries are located.

And feel free to drop by, it seems to have just gotten a lot closer to Red Deer than before (Just exit at Country Hills, go west, then turn south on Nose Hill)

Is this location OK with everyone?

Featherlou, do you want to make the reservations, or shall I? The number is on the map marker.

Okay, looks like we have concensus (more or less) - 6:00pm, Saturday, Sept. 1, The Broken Plate Greek Restaurant in Crowfoot Centre. I’ll make a reservation for 7 people (don’t worry about not making it, Meek - an extra place at a table is usually a good thing). See all y’alls tomorrow!

I’m sad to be missing out (I love Greek) but you guys have a good time. :slight_smile:

Quick, minor update - the restaurant was booked at 6:00, so I moved the reservation up to 5:30. I hope that doesn’t make it impossible for anyone.

Fine with us–we’ll see everybody then.

We might be 10 minutes late or so - our sitter shows up at 5:30- but we’ll be there. See y’all there.

A fun time and excellent food was had by all (well, I assume everyone else had fun - nobody seemed too pouty :smiley: ). Sorry you missed it, Flutterby and Gut. Maybe we’ll see you at the next one.

A great time was had by all, I think. Nice to see everybody again! And we’ll look forward to the next one. I’m back up at school now ( :frowning: ) but I’ll be back in Calgary from time to time. And of course, there’s Christmas break. :slight_smile: