Call me morbid, but I would like to see the score of this Chess game.

The one that lead up to this. It sounds like it was not a “touch move” related offense, but kibitzing.

The “score?”

I suspect that one of us doesn’t understand chess.

Also: Okay, you’re morbid.

Also, also: “LED up to this” :mad::mad::mad:

I’ll give you even money that Bellante was trying to en passant and O’Gorman refused to accept it as a valid move.

I was thinking he tried to castle illegally…but your theory sounds more plausible.

Game score: Glossary of Chess (Wikipedia)

O’Gorman wouldn’t stop calling his knight a “horsey” and Bellante finally snapped.

It is the correct term for the record of moves that were made in the game.

This article says it wasn’t an argument over a legal move.

…yeah, I was pretty sure it was me.

Turns out that’s you. But:

–from “The Ballad of Edward Bray”, a poem celebrating the Oxford-Cambridge university chess match.

I think it was just a misunderstanding. He thought that he heard “chest opening” but the King’s Indian isn’t quite one of those.

Was the victim a registered organ donor?

I think the OP was referring to the chess move notes.

The game I would like to find was the one that might had gave us the USA as we know it.

https://books.google.com/books?id=wOQjAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA14&lpg=PA14&dq="pieces+on+the+board."+found+rall&source=bl&ots=YGjkLap8xA&sig=hjWHCpOSn3o4nX8-I8YQmZcaAfc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjSqOr5ubHKAhVE7WMKHdcxCC8Q6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q="pieces%20on%20the%20board."%20found%20rall&f=false

The note was later found in the pocket of Rall after being mortally wounded in the battle of Trenton.

*A game of cards in some accounts.

Justifiable homicide.

Actually I like this theory. Someone who removed a lung and told people he got the heart has some issues re: left-right-center spatial coordination. Probably thought he was castling and grabbed bishop.