Calling Rue DeDay (or SURPRISE! It's Rue's Monday Morning Post!)

Rue – just because I think you’ll appreciate it: When the NFL team moved to Nashville and they were deciding what to call the newly transplanted team, I was a fierce advocate for the Tennesse Tuxedos.

As one completely out of range, please enlighten me as to the Flan of Peace. I love flan!

Seeing as Rue & the Pols (me & Mr. Pol) didn’t connect at the Mouse House - I wanna be in!

Kokomo itself is prob a bit far - any Indianapolis Dopers wanna play host? If there’s a meeting spot in Dayton, mebbe I can drop Mr. Pol at the Museum & meet y’all…

BTW - there are plans for a South Bend DopeFest the first weekend of December - see MagicalSilverKey for details…

Sorry Sassy, I can’t say exactly what the Flan of Peace is. It would take the mystery out of the gift. Just know it’s peacable and quite flannish. That’s all I can say now.

Ellen, the Tennessee Tuxedos? Brown eyes and a sparkling wit. Be still my heart.
-Rue. (no, this is not a shameless bump and a pitiful cry for attention)

Politzania, if you can get down to Indy, and figure out a place for us to meet (maybe that train store in the old terminal?) then I am sure we can work a deal.
Rue, one caveat right now: I just found out yesterday that a good friend of mine is getting married soon (sort of an “emergency” situation) so I may need to make an unscheduled appearance at a bachelor party. Oh, and this will be in Europe, maybe Paris. I’ll keep you posted on details as they emerge. Just may need to juggle dates is all.

Love lovely and ever so friendly Sophie has suddenly become exceptionally busy and will not be attending. She sends her regrets.

Cool! Shibb’s taking us to Paris!

Oh wait, France isn’t known for their milkshakes. I ain’t goin’.

But I could hie myself down to Lexington. Maybe even over to Louisville.

Or we could shift this all up a week. Back a week jams us too much into Christmas. So it goes.

We have time to figure things out.

No prob.
-Rue.

Moving it back a week is cool. I can work it out, although the Amazing Colossal Eight Passenger Oldsmobile might have to be replaced with the Anonymous Four-Door Taurus Of Doom if the Olds isn’t back from the body shop. Not that youse guyses have to worry about me or anything.

<martyr>
Even though I’m making a nine or ten hour drive for the chance to meet you all and enjoy some Flan of Peace, it’s OK that we might have to change. I don’t mind. Just let me know when this is happening and I’ll drop everything and run toward Ohio. Sure. No problem. I don’t mind, I’m flexible.
</martyr> :wink:

I have to take some time off work for this, so once we get it ironed out I’ll let the Bosstrocity (thanks for the idea, Cartooniverse!) know that I will be out of the office for a weekend of Brown-Eyed Girls, Flan of Peace, and general Doper-driven hedonism.

Zap!

<deep sad sigh>
I don’t know why I keep opening this thread… I live in the wrong part of the country and I lack vacation time and spare cash. It’s torture - I wanna play! I wanna ride along! I wanna hang with youse guys!!

I just happen to know that Delta flies non-stop from Jax to Cincinnati. More torture. Not to mention the whole family thing - like they can’t do their own cooking and cleaning and laundry and nagging…

It’s not fair!!!
<deep sad sigh>

Note to self: Stock up on Flan of Peace. (It’s a kit, by the way. I’m not making it myself. I don’t think it’d travel well.)

Snickers,(Did you know there is a real Doper named Snickers? I just found out the other day. They’ve been around since before I started calling you that, but what are they gonna do? Take me to DopeCourt? My DopeLawyer can kick their DopeLawyer’s butt. Right Zap?) if you get up here on the Friday night before or the Saturday of this fiasco… I mean shindig, I’ll make sure you get picked up at the airport. It is on the way to Lexington.(And no, Delta’s corporate motto is not “We’re a bunch of money-grubbing bastards, but we own all the planes! Ha ha ha!” That’s just a vicious rumor with no foundation.) If you fly into Louisville, you’ll have to talk to think. And it’s a proven fact that husbands and children can live on pizza and cereal for well over one weekend.

Zap, if Shibb backs out for his [sarcastic whiney voice]friends[/sarcastic whiney voice], we’ll just go without him. Yeah, it was his idea, but if he can’t make it, there’s no reason we should suffer.

We still have plenty of time to pound out the details.

(Is the weekend of the 15th good for everybody? As an Emergency Back-up Date? Or could we wriggle this in between Christmas and New Year’s? This is why I don’t like to organize. I like someone to just say “Get a move on, we’re leaving now.” That’s how The Little Woman got me to marry her. At least that’s my story.)
-Rue. (who is not taking over the planning no matter what)

Abso-freakin-lutely! Just remember. Cash. Up front. Or twist in the wind. Hey, it’s your choice.

<whiny English kid voice> Oh please do come, FairyChatMom! ,</whiny English kid voice> It won’t be the same without you! And just so yizzle have a heads-up, Snickers has first call on shotgun with me if she shows. Or she and Rue can share the wayback in the Amazing Colossal Eight Passenger Oldsmobile.

Exactamundo. I ain’t worried. And the 15th works for me if we have to do it that way. No problemo.

Can’t wait!

Zap!

OK, cost of tickets aside, how the heck am I going to convince my lifemate that there’s a perfectly good reason for me to take off to spend the weekend with strange men driving around meeting other strange people?!? You know why it’s a good idea and I know why it’s a good idea, but he doesn’t understand the concept. Plus we’re looking at December - snowbound enroute?? Me and Rue and Zappo and maybe Shibb

Give me a moment while I compose myself here…

He’ll never buy it, guys… bummer…

Wife and kids are out of town for a month (they’re in New Zealand visting my wife’s parents), so if anyone wants to crash at my place, they’re certainly welcome. email me…

Woops, duh… 10 miles north west of Springfield. [sub] It’s amazing I can even find my way home.[/sub]

Just a quick update. The bachelor party is scheduled for December 8th in Paris. But it’s unlikely I’ll attend since I have a programming course I want to take the following week, and if I fly to Europe I like to spend a few days. Plus the flights I can find are looking a bit too expensive. Okay, it’s really just that I can’t see throwing over Dopers whom I’ve (mostly) never met for RL friends and a chance for booze and babes in Bacchanalialand.

I am sitting at my computer. I have a box of Kleenex with me, as I am sick, and cannot stray far from it. I have not brushed my teeth today. I am very tired. There is a two-year-old asleep on my couch with a fever and an ear infection.

All of you are bastards. Have fun. I will miss this one oh, so much.

Well that sucks for you Shibb. But it is good for me. A big ol’ Yin/Yang kinda thing. I’m not sure if you’re the Yin and I’m the Yang or the other way. Now I don’t have to drive, and that’s what’s important. I would drive if you made me. I wouldn’t even pout or nothin’. Not too much anyway. I’m just a better passenger than driver. I can pasenge with the best of them. (“Tra la-la look at me passenge! Whee!”)

Then I’d be the Captain of the car. (If you made me drive.) You’d have to do what I said. When I said. I run a tight ship. Er, car. If I said “Cluck like a chicken!” I’d want to hear some clucking toot sweet. If not, then off with you at the nearest rest stop. No insubordination in my car, no sirree. That way lies mutiny.

If it makes you feel any better, you can give out the Flans of Peace. I’d let you do that. I’ll even get your favorite Little Debbie Snack Cake for the drive. Or Crumb Cakes. I don’t think Little Debbie makes Crumb Cakes. I think that’s Hostess. Ether way, it’s your call. That’s just the kind of guy I am.

I’ll even make you balloon animals along the way. If you want. When I say “animals” I really mean “balloon dogs”. That’s all I know how to make right now. Dogs and giraffes, which is a dog with a long neck in balloonology. I can make you a balloon hat if you want to be that festive. It might mess your 'do though. Like I said, it’s your call.

Can you tell I’m excited about this? I might even get new pants. Gotta make a good impression, and nothing makes a good impression like new pants. But I might not get new pants. You don’t want to be doing a lot of traveling in new pants. They have to break in first. There’s chafing to consider. No, I probably won’t get new pants. But I will wear nice pants. I’ll wear pants anyway. I’ll have to see what’s clean when we go. I’ll wear my nicest, cleanest pants.

It’s really too bad about your trip getting all sucked up. But you wouldn’t want to go to Europe anyway. There’s a huge breakout of Bulgarian Navel Flu. Really bad. Your belly button gets all full of pustules and it’s really itchy. So it’s a good thing your staying here and MobileDoping, isn’t it? Weird how that all works out. Huh?
-Rue. (yeah, that post’ll sway some people into joining us)

First, I think you should be Captain. Since I never saw Kirk or Piccard actually drive the Enterprise. Usually just some Ensign or a Lieutenant doing the driving. We’ll just let you point and issue orders as to Mach whatever and the occasional “make it so”. Not that I’m worried about your driving skillz. Okay, so perhaps I think they might be similar to your posting skillz. Then we’ll have an interesting time as we meander from lane to lane, with the random foray into oncoming traffic. Time to raise those shields.

Second, I am not certain that I have ever had Little Debbie Snack Cakes. Maybe once. No, I’m not a communist. Anymore. I just grew up around Hostess and Dolly Madison. So I am more a Twinkies or Zingers kind of guy. Maybe a HoHo or King Dong. But Little Debbie? Isn’t that girl food. Maybe it wasn’t in full national distrubition when I was a kid. I don’t ever recall hearing about the stuff until we moved to Georgia. Is that what Baptists eat?

But if you’re going to eat in the car we I may have to bring the vehicle without the cloth upholstery. That’ll make the clean up easier. We’ll see.

Finally, I think I will open another thread with a more informative title, so that we can see what other local Dopers we can lure in here. I know there are other Cincy Dopers out there. Just not sure exactly who they are. Oh, and I ran into Tevya and Mr. Tevya at the Norwood Showcase this past weekend. I had the Olethlings[sup]TM[/sup] with, we all were going to see Monsters, Inc. It’s a good thing we stopped to buy gummi fruits and swedish fishes or we might not have seen them. Also, it’s fun to run into random Dopers in your neighborhood, dontcha think?