Can anyone here speak latin?

I received this email from members of a progressive rock cover band I sometimes go to see locally. I do not have any idea what it means, and I’m sure it doesn’t mean anything profound, but I’m curious.

Would anyone be kind enough to translate this for me, or give some idea of what they are saying?

It’s mildly humorous. I got the general gist of it; I’m putting together a line-by-line translation for you now.

If someone beats me to it, so much the better.

I have always wanted to know how this phrase translates into Latin:

"The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer."

Can someone help? Anybody know the origin of the phrase?

There are many tranlsating dictionaries on the net, here is one that has Latin & lots of odd languages:

http://dictionaries.travlang.com/

Latin kinda translates in various ways depending on who translates it.

My apologies for the delay; work-related matters convinced me to pay attention to them while I’m, y’know, at work.

LNO, thank you very much. This is great!:slight_smile:

The quotation is an alteration of a selection from Liber consolationis et Consilii (Book of consolation and counsel) by Albertano of Bresica, written in 1246. See the original Latin version

The body of knowledge here never ceases to amaze me.
thanks Biblio

BTW, Chaucer’s, Canterbury Tales–“The Tale of Melibee”
Is a close translation of Renaud de Louens’ Livre de Melibee et de Dame Prudence [after 1336] which is
itself a translation of Albertanus of Brescia’s Liber consolationis et consilii) [1246].

ALBERTANO OF BRESCIA: LIBER CONSOLATIONIS ET CONSILII
can be found at:
http://www.gmu.edu/departments/fld/CLASSICS/albertanus.liberconsol.html

Oportet ministros manus lavare antequam latrinam relinquent

…but in the Marines they teach us not to piss on our hands.

Thank you, thank you, I’ll be here all night.

Quidquid latine dictum sit,altum viditur.

“Veni, vidi, vichysoise!”

antemeridian, uncle meridian, all the little meridians, u mistivus, I miss the bus… bah