Can blindness be caused by excessive masturbation?

I’ve read that some people can’t achieve orgasm without holding their breath and pressing down on the diaphragm(a type of Valsalva Maneuver?). Supposedly this flexes the muscles on the pelvic floor, which can increase the intensity of the orgasm.

So, theoretically, someone could do the Valsalva Maneuver with such force that the retina could detach, if there was already significant retinopathy present.

I don’t know if this has ever happened, though…

:confused: “Stick books”? I understand it, of course, but never heard it. What’s your 10-4?

Cite?

Exactly. :smiley:

More proof I’ve been here too long. I get the reference. :slight_smile:

Since almost every blind person masturbates, yes.

A common historical theme linking excessive masturbation to blindness is that:

[ol]
[li]Ejaculate contains zinc.[/li][li]Zinc deficiency may lead to blindness (well, more likely, night blindness or macular degeneration).[/li][li]Stop spraying your precious zinc all over the place.[/li][/ol]
I’m skeptical of this theory because human zinc deficiency was a relatively recent discovery, dating back to 50 years ago or so.

It’s a great coffee table book I got for my sister. Many of the pages are large reproductions of medical illustrations from centuries ago. IIRC There was a series of illustrations showing the stages of deterioration caused by masturbation. I’d consult Ars Medica, but my sister lives several states away. In any event, it is proof that the ‘you will go blind and crazy’ myth is at least 500 years old.

Well, so does having sex.

What ? What are y’all looking at ?

Excessive masturbation seemed to be causing me to go blind, so to reverse the it, I switched from using an up & down stroke to a down & up stroke.

Back in 2009 (to much derisive criticism in the press) the NHS in Sheffield (A Northern industrial city) issued a leaflet to schools, entitled “Pleasure”.

I can’t find it on line, only newspaper reports, but apparently it carries the slogan “an orgasm a day keeps the doctor away”. It also says: “Health promotion experts advocate five portions of fruit and veg a day and 30 minutes’ physical activity three times a week. What about sex or masturbation twice a week?”

pheh. I can be done in about 60 seconds. Just call me The Minute Man.

On a totally unrelated sidenote…how long does a total eclispe of the sun last, anyway?

Sory about any spelling erors-its hard to tpye in the dark,