Can I be the only person stunned at just how badly President Joe Biden is doing?

This is the problem with America: Everyone believes they can be The President.

What are you on about here?

Yeah? How so there? Do explain.

Oh…you mean DeSantis.

You’re full of it. Chris Pine was the real hero of that movie.

Outside of this forum, there is virtually unanimous agreement that President Biden is toast.

And I thought he was a bagel.

Well?

Inside this forum, there is virtually unanimous agreement that you are an ass.

What, precisely, is this train that you want stopped?

What, precisely, do you want Biden to do that he is not doing; and/or what, precisely, do you want Biden not to do that he is doing; and why, precisely, do you think that his (presumably) not doing what you want will lead to the death throes of his presidency?

All you’re doing is making noises. Point to something specific or (checks forum) shut the hell up.

This is false. According to 538, his approval/disapproval ratings are about even. They are down from before, but have always been higher than the previous doofus.

You need to get better news sources.

I’m amazed. I thought this board was dying but apparently we make up 46% of the US!

You need to expand your reading. In the USA, his Approval Rating is running higher than Trumps did at almost any point. But if you read only garbage then you only see garbage.

Now to be fair, his numbers dropped about 5% in the last 2-3 weeks.

No there isn’t. And the Fox news comment section doesn’t encompass the internet outside of this forum. Here’s an idea, get out of your bubble. Your right wing circle jerk echo chamber has warped your ability to see reality.

So, what’s their problem - a hundred thousand evacuated from Afghanistan? massive COVID vaccinations? Infrastructure legislation? Ability to work with Congress?

Well, yeah. Who’s gonna be smart enough to stop Trump’s reinstatemant. Certainly no one not named Trump. Fuckin sheeple.

Oh shit, the next presidential election is in 2 weeks, Biden is DOOOOOOOOMED…!!! :scream:

…Wait, no it’s not. It’s 3 years away. With the national ADHD that the USA suffers from, the only people who are going to care about this by then are the ones who will be calling for him to be unseated because of countless conspiracy theories they read on Facebook or heard on RW talk radio.

(And that assumes he runs for reelection, and I think there’s a good chance he won’t.)

47.2%, when I checked right now. Maybe I’m not the only one who was just listening to him on the radio.

The closest analogy for what we are witnessing before our very eyes is the explosion of the Challenger. The difference is that the while the astronauts did not walk away from that disaster, Joe Biden will-However, America might not.

Why? What specific actions by Biden do you consider a “train wreck”?

Naturally, pretty much everybody on the planet has some criticisms of how Biden’s handled the withdrawal from Afghanistan, and not without reason. But there’s a lot of blame to go around for the Afghanistan situation, and the Afghanistan situation is far from the only or even most important thing in Biden’s presidency, so I can’t see why you’re getting so upset about his presidency as a whole.

So far, OP, your posts in this thread have provided zero substantive criticism of Biden and instead read more like an exercise in propaganda trolling:

• Start off with a deliberately provocative thread title but content-free OP
  • Follow up with no additional content but further provocative rhetoric (“we may be watching the death throes of an American presidency”)
  • Walkback the provocation with a rhetorical shift to convey a “sympathetic” and “reasonable” attitude (“I have always respected Biden and want him to succeed”)
  • At the same time, crank up the provocation with further content-free criticism (" slow motion train-wreck")
  • Deflect to content-free rambling about popular entertainment references that supposedly “symbolize” meaningful criticisms (“For the good of the country, we need the body politic to emulate Denzel’s heroics starting right now”)

He’s still got an approval rating around 47% (a number higher than Donald Trump ever attained, btw), even with concerted efforts by uninformed conservatives to try to sway public opinion against him.

Can you at least try and provide something useful to this thread? Something specific that you’re unhappy with?