Can I be the only person stunned at just how badly President Joe Biden is doing?

If you are pre-disposed to dislike the Biden presidency and a bit of a wishful thinker, Afghanistan looks like a death blow.

If you are pre-disposed to like Biden, Afghanistan looks like anything from a cock-up, but hardly administration-toppling, to an unfortunate and sad collapse as a small part of a necessary disengagement.

The numbers of those who support the president are by current polling split fairly evenly, with a very slight preference for the pro-Biden side. This message board is tiny and irrelevant. Your virtual unanimous agreement claim is obviously nonsense, unless by virtually unanimous you just mean people YOU talk and listen to.

Speaking as someone who doesn’t particularly give a shit about Biden per se, but thinks he is approximately 1000X better than our former president (a shockingly low bar to reach by the way - my cat would have been a better president than Trump), I think he kinda screwed the pooch on Afghanistan. On an operational level I don’t think it is entirely or even mostly on him - it was a composite bureaucratic, intelligence and historic failure and Biden was just the one pulling the lever. But it was still at least partially on him even then, because he blew some calls IMHO (better consultation/coordination with allies for example). But on a political level it is by necessity largely on him, because that’s how the system works.

But it is just one ugly-ass foreign policy septic pond in a sea of political activity. We will see - but I suspect this will be a rather large footnote, rather than THE defining event of this presidency.

No wonder the mention of toast. Troll hungry. Gotta be fed

Do you ever have anything specific to say? Or is it all analogies and metaphors? You’ve done such a wonderful job of articulating the ways in which Biden is doing poorly, that it’s really hard to specify anything that you’ve actually said.

One more moran for the “Ignore” list.

Flew. They flew away.
(What? Too soon?)

I’ll take some weak tea with that toast.

This is a lie and bullshit.

When you troll you don’t want to tip your hand too much. Try to be a little more careful next time and not lay it on so thick. Or, pick one method and stick to it. Do you want to be the inflammatory troll, the forum equivalent of a “shock jock”? Because that’s how you started out. Or do you want to be a “concern” troll and pretend that you are a fan but are worried about him?

It’s not that I support trolling or anything. In fact I’ve directly fought trolls at other venues (as mod and admin) so I am generally coming at it from the other direction. But when someone is doing such a bad job at it, I have to kind of correct them.

Nothing to see here - SYAL

It depends on the definition of “badly” Most of us do not use the definition “only single digits above Cheato’s peak poll numbers”.

No, there are plenty of dumb-ass partisan shitheads who believe the same as you. They also believed Obama was from Kenya, that Covid is a fake hoax, and that Trump will be restored to the white house by a coke-snorting pillow salesman.

There are lots of dumb asses around.

Some light reading on Trump and his wonderful Taliban Deal

This seems about right.

There’s nothing ‘intelligent’ about those statements at all

Even the conservative news anchors have done better than this. They at least try to come up with specific things Biden has done wrong. Sure, those things tend to be misleading, rather than sober reflections on his presidency, but at least they try.

The OP has been asked repeatedly what specific things Biden has done that strike him as bad, and has at most said “the last few weeks.” If you can’t even bring yourself to say what you’re on about, then it tells me either (a) you don’t know or (b) you know that any specifics you make would be torn apart.

The irony here is the same one I’ve encountered on Facebook. There are legitimate criticisms that could be made of Biden, but comments like yours are just shoring up his defense. You couldn’t do better if you were on Biden’s campaign team.

I said that for 4 years (2017-2021). Mr. Biden wasn’t my first choice, but he’s a heckuva lot better than the one we had before.

It’s like when someone is pretending to be a sports fan to fit in with people, and says, “How about that game. Man, what a time.” And when people ask for specifics they’ll just give vague answers like, “You know, that play where the referee was really out of line, you know the one.”

I’m tempted to create a new Pit thread titled, “Is it just me or is the economy really gone crazy?” And then just write in my OP, “Am I right? Who would have predicted this. It’s maddening!”

I think if I were going to be giving Biden shit about something at this point in his presidency, I’d say this: he set a good, intermediate goal on CO2 reductions (50-52% reduction vs 2005 levels by 2030), but I haven’t seen a specific timeline for what we really need to do (full decarbonization) nor a specific plan on how to get it done. Maybe that’ll come, especially with the Glasgow conference in November, but as of now, Biden gets and ‘Incomplete’ on climate change.

That’s all I got.

Awwwww…poor butthurt MAGAtrash loser. Are you STILL butthurt because DumbDonald lost?

Try some more aspirin.

Has the OP given any sign that he is reading any of the posts on this thread?

I wonder if he has the entire board on ignore and all he’s seeing is his own posts. And he’s convinced he’s winning the thread.

Well, the OP certainly hasn’t been able to come up with a single thing that Biden’s either doing or failing to do that the OP objects to.

So the only reasonable conclusion I can come to is that they must mean that they’re stunned at the fact Biden’s not at 99% approval in the polls, because they think Biden’s doing everything right.