Ok, so here’s my situation. I live in San Jose. There’s an adult education center called “Campbell Adult and Community Education”, also known as CACE, which is in San Jose. And there’s another adult education center called “Mountain View - Los Altos Adult Education”, also known as MVLAAE, which is in Mountain View. Both of them offer career certification programs in Microsoft Office. The MS Office program at both CACE and MVLAAE has already started, but the enrollment is ongoing for the program at both centers. I talked to both centers. If I enroll with CACE right now, I’ll be paying $60. And I’ll be paying another $60 next month, because the Spring quarter begins March 24. This current quarter ends March 21 (and started on January 6). My parents tell me I’d be wasting $60 if I enroll now, since this quarter will end in March. So I could wait until March 24 to enroll. That’s about 38 days. Isn’t that a long time to wait? The MS Office program at CACE is about a year.
If I enroll with MVLAAE right now, I’ll be paying $69, but I won’t be wasting it, because it’s a career technical education program, and the program runs on a semester system (it’s called a semester if a class is 5 months, right?). This program semester began January 14 and will end May 22. I’ve taken a few lessons in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. So MVLAAE told me that if I’ve had experience using those applications, I’ll probably be finished in a couple of months. It’s far, but I’ve gone to farther schools.
I graduated from high school in 2005, and I’ve been spending years struggling with some general ed courses (like geometry, for example. I’m not a big math person) that are required for an associates degree. It was only last month that I realized, maybe college isn’t for me. Maybe I should try career technical education. It’s practical and it takes a shorter time to finish. Since it’s been almost 9 years since I graduated high school, I want to finish faster.
So considering the facts I stated above, I’m thinking of choosing MVLAAE over CACE. Does this seem like a reasonable decision?