Can I use my iPad 2 or laptop on this wifi service in Japan?

I’m likely going to be visiting Japan in a few months. I was pointed by family towards a Wifi service for visitors there. Its FAQ states: “This service can be used with wireless LAN-equipped devices meeting Wi-Fi (IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac) standards for smartphones, tablets and PCs etc.”

I have an iPad 2, which would be my first choice for use there for obvious reasons. Its Regulatory page under the General tab lists the following for Japan:

T D111322003
R 003WWA111318
R 003WWA111319
R 003WWA111320
R 003WWA111321

What are the chances I’ll be able to use my iPad on this service in Japan? If I can’t, then my '09 Macbook Pro is even less likely to be able to, but I can’t figure out how to see what standards it conforms to.

Thanks in advance.

Yes.

Do you mean the iPad, the laptop, or both? I wasn’t sure because, as I said, the specific numbers in the quote didn’t appear in that setting page I found, and I can’t find the equivalent one on my laptop.

IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac are international standards. Yes, your wireless devices will work.

Wife and I have used an iPad 2 on WiFi during trips to Japan ever since we got it.

You will be able to use the wifi quoted above with any device you’ve got. The only time I run into problems with my 15+ year old devices is when I visit friends who think it’s fun to disable 802.11b on their routers. But the FAQ you quoted says ‘b’ is supported.

Concur. You should have no issues.

In terms of technical specs, I googled and found the Apple Page for iPad 2.

If you scroll through it, you’ll find the information on supported types of WiFi that you were looking for.