Can somebody fan-wank some nagging questions about superhero movies, comic books & TV?

In the “Avengers” movie, during the post-credits shot of the exhausted team chowing down on Shwarma - what did they do with Loki in the meantime? Immediately post battle, they confront him at Stark Tower. Presumably the Shwarma scene takes place right after that, which would then be followed by the “So long! Let’s do this again in four years!” hugs goodbye scene where Thor has Loki in an S&M get-up to transport him back to Asgard. Where did they stash him when they got Shwarma?
In “the Fantastic Four” comic book - why does Dr Reed Richards use the superhero name Mr Fantastic?

On any “Star Trek” TV show or film, when the crew talks to an alien species via the bridge view-screen, the aliens are (presumably) speaking their own language with the ship’s Universal Translator turning it into English. So why do the non-human words the aliens speak always manage to synch up perfectly with the English words the Universal Translator interprets? Shouldn’t seeing the view-screen be like watching a badly-dubbed foreign movie?

In “the Legion of Super-Heroes”, does Bouncing Boy’s marriage to Triplicate Girl / Duo Damsel make him a bigamist?

Feel free to chime in with your own ridiculous questions that keep you up late at night.

Under the hammer?

Because characters with “Doctor” *noms de guerre *are usually evil (Drs. Light and Strange notwithstanding).

Honestly, until I looked him up, I always assumed Dr. Strange was a bad guy (and often confused him with Mysterio)

In Thor: The Dark World, he is in Asgard in a special prison. Basically a room with a big glass window. So I suppose this is a direct and contiguous answer to your question: they took him back and stuck him in there.

Here’s a photo:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1296&bih=660&q=loki+in+prison&oq=loki+in+prison&gs_l=img.3..0l3j0i5j0i24.1021.2968.0.3136.14.14.0.0.0.0.170.1290.9j5.14.0....0...1ac.1.58.img..0.14.1283.1WD8-0Y0SGk#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=7NxUzsSUiu_3aM%253A%3B0WBCrdGCcnIxPM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn.screenrant.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252FThor-2-The-Dark-World-Loki-Asgard-Prison-Cell.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fscreenrant.com%252Fthor-2-set-tom-hiddleston-interview%252Fthor-2-the-dark-world-loki-asgard-prison-cell%252F%3B1900%3B784

Sue Storm fell in love with Reed Richards before he got his superpowers…or his doctorate. She thought of him as “Mr. Fantastic” in the same way that any woman might think of her husband as “Mr. Right.”

(There was actually a FF issue where this came out.)

enalzi: I sometimes wonder if Dr. Strange is a villain. He cuts a lot of moral corners.

The major comic-book logic hole for me is why super-science hasn’t proliferated down into everyday consumer tech. Why aren’t we using Hank Pym’s shrinking rays to store our cars in shoeboxes, rather than having to park in garages? Why aren’t we teleporting around the world, instead of having to get aboard jet aircraft? Why hasn’t a time-travel commission not been established, at very least to go back in time and observe historical events, if not to interfere with them? Why are we still launching satellite probes to Jupiter on rockets, and not paying the Starjammers to whip them out yonder FTL?

I think the OP’s point was the lack of continuity. In The Avengers movie, they had a scene that showed Loki surrendering, they had the shwarma scene, and they had a scene showing Loki and Thor going back to Asgard.

From a continuity standpoint, the shwarma scene must have come between the other two scenes. But if that’s the case, where was Loki during the shwarma scene?

I like the suggestion that Loki was just off-camera, with Thor’s hammer pinning him to the ground so he couldn’t escape while the heroes enjoyed the post-battle meal.

Good superhero doctors included: Dr. Strange, Dr. Fate, Dr. Mid-Nite, Dr. Light, Dr. Mist, Dr. Druid, Doc Samson, Dr. Voodoo, Dr. Thirteen and Dr. Occult, along with Doc Savage and Doctor Who, of course.

There was an Eeeevil Dr. Strange in golden age DC comics though.

Yeah, that’s basically what I was asking about. But I’ll buy The Other Waldo Pepper’s explanation.

Per Norm MacDonald, the better question would be, why is he Mr./Dr. Fantastic?

Is that Hugo Strange?

There was also the Better/Nedor Doc Strange, whose middle name was Hugo.

Some discussion and examples of in-universe discussion here.

In the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode Trials and Tribble-ations, Sisko received a visit from agents Lucsly and Dulmer from the Department of Temportal Investigations because of a little visit his crew made to the 23rd century

A polygamist at most, I’d think.

In the “Avengers” movie, during the post-credits shot of the exhausted team chowing down on Shwarma - what did they do with Loki in the meantime? They went to the shawarma place first. They needed to be at their best to point weapons at Loki.

In “the Fantastic Four” comic book - why does Dr Reed Richards use the superhero name Mr Fantastic? Because he is! He can stretch, and he’s smart, and he got to marry Sue!

Star Trek viewscreen: Real-time 3d CGI modifications to what is shown on the screen.

Yep, Hugo.

Dr. Richards has a PhD, in (I believe) SCIENCE, but it is definitely an academic degree. PhD holders only call themselves “doctor” in professional/academic settings, unless they are utter jerks, so obviously Richards calls himself *Mr *Fantastic. Contrast Dr. Doom, who has the same degree from the same institution, but is a jerk. Also contrast Dr. Strange, who has an M.D. (as does, at least, Doc Samson and Dr. Mid-Nite–I don’t know about the rest of Prof Pepperwinkle’s examples.)

Re: Mr. Fantastic, to contrast himself with his nemesis, Dr. Doom. If they were both doctors, that’d just seem weird.

Re: Legion of Super-heroes, no, because Triplicate Girl only has one legal identity and is registered as such. It’s not as though one of her triplicates could spin off and apply for a new passport or something.

Marge Simpson: “You . . . you speak English?”

Kang: “I am actually speaking Rigellian. By an astonishing coincidence, both of our languages are exactly the same.”

:smiley:

According to the Star Trek Wiki (bolding mine):

Although when he travels to Germany, they call him Herr Doktor Fantastisch.