Can SOMEBODY name this tune?

There is this song that was released about 5 years ago or so. I’m really hoping one of y’all can help me ID it.

It’s a rock song, heavy on the guitars and bass. Male singer, and the chorus is

“I will treat you well,
My sweet angel,
So help me Jesus”

It starts out as if the lead singer is asking a girl out, but it slowly becomes clear that he plans to kill her so that she’ll keep “her dark hair and soft skin forever”.

There’s a part during the bridge of the song when he sings

“Do you wanna die?” over and over.

Does anybody have any idea what thie name of this song is? Mayhap the artist, as well?

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

It’s “Possum Kingdom”. I forget the band name. I loved this song, because it came out when I broke up with my first love. DO YOU WANNA DIE! Good primal-scream therapy.

I’ll be there
Where I’ll teach what I’ve been taught
And I’ve been taught…

WoooooooooooHooooooooooo!!!

Thank you man! I’ve been trying to figure out the name of that song for…well, ever since I heard it. I couldn’t find anybody who knew what it was, and I forgot about it a couple of years ago…until I heard it tonight, and once again the DJ would not say what the name of the song was!

THANK YOU!

The band, IIRC, is the Toadies, or maybe just Toadies.

And I wonder when I sing along with you, if everything could ever feel this real forever,
If anything could ever be this good again.

–Foo Fighters

Yep, it was The Toadies. That song was really popular when I was in high school. They followed it up with another song, “When I’m Away”, or possibly “When I’m Awake”, that nobody seems to remember except me, then disappeared from the face of the earth.

Modest? You bet I’m modest! I am the queen of modesty!

< in my best Monty Burns voice > Excellent.

Thanks guys. Now I’m gonna try to track the CD down at Soundwaves and give it a listen. Hopefully, the rest of the album will be half as good as that song.

< Big goofy smile >