Can you bring (and light) a few small intimate candles, in a non-smoking hotel room?

They’re made of Sex Wax.

Naturally!

This topic made me wonder if what I said a few hours ago about the people being highly intelligent … Maybe you are the only smart one! :stuck_out_tongue:

How often do you travel and how acute is your sense of smell? Because if the only thing you prefer to sense is “no discernible smell” then you’re being fooled by “neutral scents”, probably sprayed by the cleaning staff. /shrug

Seriously, the OP isn’t going to run into issues. The “No-Smoking” issue applies pretty much exclusively to tobacco users. The policy doesn’t say “no open flame” or “no smoke of any kind” it says “No Smoking”. The policy is clearly aimed at tobacco and it’s consumers. And before people bother to challenge me on this, my ex-spouse-to-be had a policy of putting scented candles in the room which provided both a warm glow and a light scent. In over 200 hundred nights over a couple of years (averaging 70 nights a year), not one, single time, were we ever challenged. Not once. Not in a Marriott, Hilton or Sheraton property. Not in a Motel Six. Not in a Super 8. Not one fucking time did anyone, ever, raise an issue over scented candles

FWIW I’m writing this from a Sheraton with a scented candle burning. Nobody mentioned it yesterday and I suspect no one is going to mention it in the next 13 days I’ll be here.

Regards,
-Bouncer-
PS: For the firebug scaredy cats we don’t put the damn candles next to a drapery or anything flammable. That’s just retarded.

Still not sure - as mentioned in post 9 & 11 - why candles are a death trap, but smoking isn’t. If the hotel allows smoking in any room - seems silly to call this a safety issue. I can’t imagine how awful a candle would have to be to still smell it the next day. It is a non-smoking room. Cigarettes are horrid - candles are not.

Of course - asking is a good idea.

I am sure if we all check the fine print that hotels have some sort of policy to cover candles, scent sticks or anything else. At least in the US (Home of the Class Action Lawsuit™).

The hair dryer provided en suite is probably more dangerous from a statistical standpoint, but if you delve deep enough into the terms of your hotel room, I’m sure they’re absolved of any liability should you electrocute yourself with it, or manage to set your room on fire with it.

My point is simply that regardless of the statistical likelihood, hotels surely have all kinds of legal protections in place for the person that sets their prize winning poodle on fire using the hotel supplied hair dryer while the calming incense (“Ode de Canis Majesticus”) burns in the background.

Regards,
-Bouncer-