Can you name all 50 U.S. states in ten minutes or less?

I got 45 in all. Mind you I’m not American, so I think that’s pretty good. I forgot New Hampshire, Oregon, Maryland, Connecticut, and Missouri.

I did it in 5 minutes, about two of those minutes were spent trying to spell Massachusetts.

Err… no it doesn’t. I know some other Sporcle tests might be like this, but this one just doesn’t take the answer until you type it correctly. Or are you not looking at the screen while you type?

Anyway, 3 minutes, 2 seconds. Pretty easy since I have the map right in front of me. I just went west to east. If it was just listing all 50, I would probably take longer.

4:01 for me. I know them all on by sight but it took me forever to figure out that I was still missing little Connecticut. I learned to work around the issue of forgetting Delaware exists at all by remembering to answer it first on all these types of tests.

Two minutes, nineteen seconds. I also know the Fifty Nifty song, though I tend to stumble between New Jersey and Tennessee.

2:39, about as fast as I can type (plus it took me a few tries to spell Massachusetts right). This would be a lot harder without the map: That gives you a nice orderly path to follow. Heck, even if there wasn’t a map there, I’d still be following a map in my head.

3:17, with my slow ass netbook and typing in the dark. We have a states puzzle that we play with the kid, so I’m pretty on top of this at the moment.

Two minutes and thirty-four seconds. The limiting factor was my typing skills, rather than my knowledge of the states.

I didn’t realize there was a map. For me, that makes the whole thing a bit too easy. Here is a harder one, where there is no map. That one is a bit harder. Took me 4 minutes 22 seconds; granted a can’t type very well.

http://www.ironicsans.com/state22.html

6:11 left. Couldn’t type fast enough. Couldn’t spell Massachusetts

Did it in 2 minutes 48 seconds, would have been faster if i didn’t mispell Massachusetts all the time.

So we’re agreed then. Massachusetts needs to rename itself to something spellable by the average writer in six tries or less.

All fifty in 3:07. Got hung up on Connecticut and Iowa, randomly.

gah, 49 of 50.

Completely blanked on Maryland. I had to cheat with one minute left and wiki the NE US.

Meh, I got it on the first try. Now, Connecticut, I always have to sound out in my head, conNECTicut. 6:56 left on the clock.

This was a lot harder, took me 5 minutes 20. Forgot New Mexico but then remembered it eventually.

Done with 8:03 remaining.

4:06, because I took my time and I’ve been drinking. Not hard at all.

All 50 in 3 minutes, 21 seconds, and that was with me having to correct my spelling a couple times to get it to take on TN, MA, and MN.

fumble fingers

Got them all in 2:32.

The really hard one is all the countries of the world. It took me probably 20 tries before I got all 197. Too many tiny islands!

Edit: This post makes me sound like an arrogant schmuck. Oh well. I am proud of getting all those 197 countries. And that it doesn’t take me 5 minutes of searching to find Turkmenistan. I live on those geography games.