Can you turn the fucking air conditioning down?

I don’t want, or need to freeze my nuts off in every store now that it’s summer.

I froze all winter long. It’s finally warm outside and yet I still freeze my nuts off in every God damned store, bar, and restaurant I go into.

I’m pretty sure you can save some money AND make it more comfortable if you just turn the A/C down by a few degrees C.

I’m quite fine with 25 C (77 F) at this time of year, considering I’m wearing shorts, a t-shirt and sandals.

Fucking air conditioning!

Cooler air should help fight global warming! Why you hate penguins?

My family conventional wisdom is that we’re more likely to catch a summer cold than a winter one in the Southwest because of having to switch from 105 to 68 and back all the time.

Now, I understand–rationally–that this is not the case. But it’s a fine reason to complain. Not that I need any more.

Don’t you really mean turn the air conditioning UP…It seems it is already turned too LOW for you.

No. Up means colder.

Down means warmer.

There’s another thread about this and on a thermostat, up would be warmer and down is colder unless they do it differently in Canada :blush:?

God I love the cold AC in the summer. Ignore the OP, shop owners. Keep those ACs on full blast!

Correct me if I’m wrong, and forgive me for taking a joke answer overly seriously, but doesn’t any air conditioning actually increase the overall net heat in the world?

I’m with you, bro, but the ambiguous nature of this statement has always amused me. Could mean either “I want a lower temperature” or “I want less A/C.”

At our office, the building is supposed to be kept in a 70-74 degree range all year round. The fact that people wear lighter clothes in the summer than in the winter isn’t their problem, I guess. I’d love to be able to wear a short sleeved shirt in the office during the summer, so that I’m not overdressed the moment I step outside into D.C.-area humidity - but if I did, I’d freeze all day long while inside.

Grrr. Argh.

It happens because people are big, crying babies who are “too hot” when the temperature is higher than 75 degrees. Bunch of wimps if you ask me.

I was in a hospital the other morning. It was so cold I was shivering. Stupid. Can’t be good for sick folks.

Yeah I was joking and I believe you are correct.

Why didn’t you just put more clothing on?

After our heat wave here in SoCal the last week or so, I’ve been dreaming about icy cold a/c blasting away. We live near the beach and don’t have a/c. Fans just don’t cut it when you’re in triple digits.

Now, the temperature’s lower, but the humidity spiked. Sigh.

I imagine because it’s summer and she didn’t expect to need to pack a valise.

Well, that’s clearly her problem then. The standard response to “It’s fucking cold” is “Put more clothes on” A stupid response, but standard none-the-less.

You’ll be happy when your favorite ice cream goes on sale and you can put 4 pints in your cart and have them make it out of the store without dripping!

Getting them to your house without melting is your own problem, tho.

Some of us appreciate not melting while we shop and bank. 77 degrees. Pshaw! If I wanted to be that hot, I’d sit in the car.

It’s not my fault I sweat at 73 F. But hey, if you need those 76 degrees, then don’t mind me as I drip sweat on you and your stuff…

First world problems.