Canadians will love this

I got this on email this morning, so maybe it’s been around before, but I just LOVED it.

This is the transcript of a supposedly ACTUAL radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations

10-10-95.
Canadians:  Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES’ ATLANTIC FLEET.  WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, I SAY AGAIN, THAT’S ONE FIVE DEGREES
NORTH, OR COUNTERMEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

trisha

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice - Albert Einstein

Yeah. This one has been around for a while.

(See: http://www.snopes.com/spoons/faxlore/lighthse.htm )

I do rather like this version though. :slight_smile:

‘They couldn’t hit an Elephant from this dist…!’

Last words of General John Sedgwick

I thought this was going to announce Brendan Fraser in “Dudley Do Right”. I think Cancadians will love that.

Touch’e, Canada!! :slight_smile:
This may be a variation on an old story from World War II (veterans are hereby invited to comment).
A GI sergeant is leading his platoon through the jungles of a Pacific island known to contain Japanese snipers and spies. The sergeant hollers:
“Move to the right flank!”
A voice behind him says, “No! Better move to the * left!” *
The Gi seethes; he growls through clenched teeth, “I said the * right!”
The voice shoots back, and * I * said the * left!" *
The GI sergeant turns around with mayhem on his mind! Standing there smirking is an English-speaking Japanese sergeant.
The GI growls, “Dammit, Mac, you run * your * outfit and I’ll run * mine!” *