Can't Start The Music!(need radio/MP3 player)

While traipsing towards yet another convention meeting yesterday, I pulled my headphones out of my jacket pocket, to find out that my little Sandisk FM/MP3 player wasn’t attached to it any more. I had had the little thing for many years, and it worked like a charm-great radio reception and 8 gigs of memory. I guess I’m in the market for a new machine now, and needs to have great FM reception(AM would be a nice plus) and a minimum of 8 gigs of memory. If it has a screen it will be used to show titles and maybe album covers, not videos. Pocket sized only, please.

If I were in your position, I’d just buy another SanDisk; though I don’t know whether the same model you had before is still available or whether the FM reception on newer models is any different.

That’s what I would like to know. Inquiring at their website is not going to do me any good-they’re selling it.

If you have a smartphone it probably does everything you need (though possibly only Sony does built-in FM reception).

After having a couple of refurbished iPod Nanos die on me, I bought a SanDisk Clip Jam about 6 months ago. It doesn’t show album covers but has the rest of your requirements. I’ve only used the FM radio a couple of times, but it seems fine to me. It’s a decent little mp3 player, although I do miss my iPod Nano, mostly for the ease of making playlists and syncing my podcasts. I don’t miss it enough to spend $150 on a new one, though.

No, my LG phone has built-in FM. And most Android phones can run the NextRadio app, which uses the phone’s built-in FM chip for reception.

Unfortunately, my phone service provider(Verizon), doesn’t do radio on their phones.

NextRadio is supported on a handful of Verizon phones. You can visit this link and see if your phone is supported.

http://nextradioapp.com/supported-devices/

My Beloved just got me a brand new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, which isn’t on the list.

I had the same thing happen to me, more or less. I had a Sansa Clip and the screen went dead. So I went on the market for a new one. I ended up getting the Sansa Clip+. Almost the same thing in a very similar package, but with larger onboard memory and an expandable card slot. It’s performed great for years now. You can still get it on amazon new, but the price is high now since it’s no longer made.

At the time, the Sport and Zip were on the market but had poor performance reviews. It looks like “Jam” is the Clip successor now, and most bad reviews seem to be a DOA sort of issue. A few complaining about audiobook and podcast playback that may be related to DOA issues. Other than no more voice recording, seems to be very similar to what you had before. I would give it a shot, since all hardware has DOA issues no matter what, it’s just a matter of getting it returned for a new one.

Does anyone know if the Grundig MPixx 1450 or 1452 is available in the U.S.?

It seems to be, according to that URL, at least on Sprint. Not a Sprint customer?

Maybe the S6 Edge tailored for other carriers aren’t supported. (Verizon, I’m looking at you…)

Yeah-I’m on Verizon.