Cat Owners--Where do you keep your litterbox?

I put my cats’ litter box in the laundry room between the washer and dryer, which is actually a small room just off of the kitchen. I think at one time it had been a secondary bathroom before I moved in since there’s a toilet paper holder mounted into the wall. There’s barely enough space for the litter box with the washet and dryer occupying each side of the room.

If ever there was a punk band name!

PS: My cat has the biggest litter box in the entire world.

The outdoors.

I will never train an animal to defecate in my house.

Uh oh Zenster I suspect that is not a good answer, I mean do you train your animals to keep their “dirt” in your own yard? I hope so!

My cat’s litter box is under the laundry sink in the laundry room, I have it on top of a bath mat to catch the litter. I can’t stand gritty floors!

Why not? A Cat that shits and pisses in its litterbox is cleaner than some humans and the crapper.

I have our two litter boxes side by side in the unfinished part of the basement. (We have three cats.) But, when my son was a toddler we did keep a little box in the bathroom because we had to keep the basement door closed so he wouldn’t fall down the stairs. It was uncarpeted and near the toilet for our scooping convenience but really not a satisfactory solution.

My husband is living aboard our boat with a cat. The covered litterbox is kept in the pilothouse (that’s the structure with the big windows) and the living space is in the cabin below. The combination of the brand of litter and a sprinkle-on deodorizer powder, along with daily cleaning, keeps odors to a minimum. There’s a small towel by the entry to the box - it catches most of the stray litter.

We put ours under the stairs behind a curtain in the bathroom. We have a carpeted bathroom (don’t blame me!) and I put a little throw rug at the edge of the litterbox to catch whatever is stuck to the little paws.

In the garage. We have a cat door installed on the door that goes from the garage to the house. It’s the perfect place; they can do any foul act they wish and you don’t have to see it or smell it. Also, the cement floor is easy to clean.

In the third bathroom (its a half bath) downstairs- it is kind of the cat’s bathroom now. Not that we spoil him or anything. . .

:wink:

Well, since I’m bunking with my parents for now and my kitties are indoor kitties (we have three cats with my parents who are outdoor kitties), I keep their food, water, scratching post, and litterbox all in my room. I empty it fairly frequently, so the smell doesn’t get bad; however, there have been some nights where one of them have taken a crap to rival my dad after chili and it’s woken me up. Usually, they look very pleased with themselves and I’m not sure whether to yell at them or praise them for it.

If it weren’t for the fact that my girl kitty is a 'fraidy cat, I’d move the litterbox into the fourth bedroom. But she won’t go anywhere except for my bedrooom, the office right across the hallway, and down the stairs every once in awhile (but not off the stairs…just down them and back up again.).

Ava

This was one of the selling points of the house I’m in now - there is a sunroom in the back of the house. And there is a cat door to the sunroom. So that is the official “cat room”, and the cats love it.

At one apartment I had, there was an outdoor closet - I cut a cat door between the closet and the bedroom.

:eek:

Well, I hope you don’t eat in the litter box!