Catching Up

But it was such a valiant effort at punning. Wisconsin. Cheese. Spread.

(I’m awaiting my ticket to Vaudeville. It’s coming any day now.)

How about a ticket to Kaukauna?

Lookin’ sharp.

[Slight hijack: I did NOT bring up cheese, just sayin’]

ETA, oh wait I did. Disregard this.

But the War Over Hot Dog Condiments and What Constitutes Chili" goes ever onward, with good people on both sides.

We got rid of that asshole poster Shakes.

If only Shakes would have converted to a different name. That would have saved everything. Now it’s all ruined.

There is still the dog breed which must not be named and which may or may not exist but which certainly ignites flame wars like an Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

So, you know, plus ca change, plus ca meme chose. :wink:

Some people came. More people went. A goodly number are in some sort of band, not sure what that means but it must take up all their time.

After 14 years, I finally finished my first novel!

I’ll start reading the next one tomorrow. How’s the weather?

That’s: “plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose”

Reading or writing?

Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

I bought some real ‘high dollar’ offroad tires to put on the Jeep, and I got a fucking puncture in one on the first day out, right on the edge of the tread/sideway. Goddamn greasewood! Put a plug in there and it held, kinda.

Okay, been about 3 years, the plug has worn down from a chaw of Baccy to a tiny nub. Tire started going flat over night. Every night.

So, on filling up the tire, the worn-down little nub of a patch was right up top and eye-balling me, so…

I did my best Frank Zappa, and applied rotation to that cherry plum…

Hasn’t gone flat since. Who whoulda known?

My Jeep is named Caroline, but I did hear some Dinah Moe Hum.

Are Dopefests still a thing? If so, maybe at the next one we can invite the bands to play. All of them. The winners get to live.

Maybe.

I changed my user name.

It was a big deal to me.

I am in the planning stages of a dopefest. (really, I just thought about it) Sounds fun, lets do it.

I have a well appointed deercamp at my disposal. Bring your own TP.

Big deal to me, too. I had to look up an old thread to find someone who’d quoted your old name. That was a lot of work.

A medium-sized amount of work. I had to work, is all I’m saying. You’ll never be forgiven.

I changed my name, too.

And I dated your mom