Catching Up

Guess the next poster!

I’ll be the first to say, NO!!!

Will it feature Mr. Wrekker and his hunting crew? Will the fridge work? :smiley:

As long as it’s fishing season the deer camp is empty. I cannot guarantee cleanliness. And I ain’t cleaning it.(:))

There have been some recent attacks in the Middle East that you may consider to be serious. You can read about them in most any news site that deals with world events.

Deer camp might be a safe place to wait out the Middle East unrest. Eat the deer. Don’t eat the pigs. Avoid the bear.

Bring LOTS of TP. It could end up becoming a future currency. And don’t forget the bleach.

Hey, Beck? Is there a place to plug in the Keurig at Deer Camp?
~VOW

There have been recent great hoohahs about the misogyny on the Dope. Hard to say if anything has truly changed or not.
The Dope is smaller.
Women in particular have melted away. Many because of the misogyny. Hard to say how many.
A few assholes have been banned. Others disappeared quietly. We aren’t running out though.

Oh, right, We upgraded our grammar nazis to multi-lingual. So there’s that. :smiley:

Yep. Electricity and running water.

Welcome back!

Not a lot has happened here that others haven’t already noted. We are still under the wise tutelage of the Drone regime. The Martians have not reappeared. Self-driving cars are now allowed to marry. Wines with a smoky flavour have become, if not popular, at least more noticeable. I am writing a book. And I recently got blue hair.

Saluton! Bonjour! You rang? :smiley:

Skip, I hate to ask but were you approached by board staff to return, perhaps with the idea you’d be made a moderator again?
They tried that last year with Gary Robson, it was pretty humiliating and I’m sorry to say I called it.

We were assured Gary’s ‘proven track record’ was beyond reproach. He disappeared a few days later (announcement Sept 28, last post Oct 2, 2018) and hasn’t been heard from since. He was quietly delisted along with a batch of other absentee moderators last year.

I certainly can’t speak for Gary Robson’s experience, but based on the linked ATMB announcement, and his subsequent lack of posts (I’m accepting your description; I haven’t done a search), I’m not sure I’d call that humiliating. My guess is that life simply got in the way, and he wasn’t able to come back to the board. That happens with mods who’ve been around for years, and mods who’ve been on staff for only a short while; ongoing activity with the board doesn’t preclude real-life events interfering.

In regards to future re-mods (re-modders?) I don’t think one can reasonably infer any kind of pattern from one example.

But, that being said:
[ul]
[li]I have not been approached;[/li][li]I left as an admin, and I would only return as Supreme Lord Muckity-Muck;[/li][li]Some amazing, insightful third thing. (Let’s pretend I’m capable of that.)[/li][/ul]

Thanks, Skip. I’m sure you understand the reason for the question and I appreciate your reply.

I guess I was aware the Great Cecil had retired. But come to think of it, I never did hear where Slug Signorino ended up?

Would we all recognize each other any longer? I look something like fifteen years older now. :eek:

I never have seen anyone. I wanna see you all. :frowning: